Honda Navi dispatches start in India
Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India (HMSI) has announced that it has begun dispatching the Navi to showrooms across India. The first lot will be shipped to Mumbai, and will be on display in showrooms in a few days. The Honda Navi has garnered quite a lot of interest and the company says that it has received over 1,000 bookings in a single month. In addition the Navi app, that lets you book the vehicle, has registered over 20,000 downloads.
The Navi has been developed by Honda India and borrows the 110cc engine (8PS and 8.8Nm) that does duty in the Activa. The little scooter brings to the table a never seen before design (in the Indian context) and therein lies its USP. It looks like a moto scooter and closely resembles the Honda Grom, that's sold internationally. Look, closely and you'll see that the Navi shares parts with a few motorcycles and scooters in India. The tail light, for instance, is from the Honda Stunner. The hollow space in between the base of the fuel tank and the frame is where the luggage box sits. It however, will be sold as an optional extra.
Honda had launched the Navi at the 2016 Auto Expo in Noida. The Navi's Rs 39,500 (ex-Delhi) price tag has also created a lot of buzz. It's aimed at the youth as well as people who are looking for a two-wheeler for short runabouts.
Watch this space for a comprehensive road test of the Navi and find out if it lives up to all the hype.
More from OVERDRIVE on the new Honda Navi
Starts Rs 41,512
Starts Rs 51,324
Starts Rs 42,391
- NewsTata H5X SUV and 45X hatchback launch timelines revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG G63 6x6 inspires the BAIC BJ80 6x6 in China, showcased at Auto China 2018
- NewsFord to stop selling Fiesta, Fusion, and Taurus sedans in North America
- NewsMahindra-owned Pininfarina and Hybrid Kinetic Group unveil K350 all-electric SUV concept at Auto China 2018
- NewsAuto China 2018: Mercedes-Benz C-Class L shown
- FeaturesImage gallery: Shaken and Stirred May 2018
- NewsFord Freestyle priced lower than the Figo hatch and the Aspire sedan, here's why
- NewsVolvo wants half its sales to come from electric vehicles by 2025
- NewsVW Motorsport India takes its Customer Sport programme to all three INRC categories
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3