Crossover based on the Honda Jazz rendered
It seems almost every car manufacturer wants to spin out a crossover based on their hatchback platform to take advantage of the popularity this popular segment. Given the minimal costs of development, it makes a lot of sense to bring out a more rugged version of the regular hatch. The Hyundai i20 Active and Volkswagen Cross Polo are some of the popular examples of this. And now it is reported that there could be a new crossover based on the Honda Jazz platform. Tentatively called the WR-V, the Honda Jazz-based crossover will be showcased at the Sao Paulo International Motor Show this year.
The Honda WR-V will replace the Fit Twist sold in the International markets, and the recent renderings of the Honda WR-V bear the same design as see on the new generation Jazz save for a few minor changes. The WR-V will get a new front bumper with new fog lamp housings, plastic cladding, a new boot lid design with taillight extensions and a bash plate under the rear bumper. Honda might also increase the ground clearance of the WR-V.
The new crossover will be slotted below the premium Honda HR-V in international markets. Since the development and production of the latter was sighted as an expensive option, Honda might bring the WR-V to India post its global debut and position it below the Honda BR-V. The WR-V, like the Jazz, might be powered by the same set of petrol and diesel engines, if launched in India. It will compete with the Hyundai i20 Active, Volkswagen Cross Polo and the Toyota Etios Cross.
Image source: autoesporte
Starts Rs 7.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.79 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.41 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.62 Lakhs
- Features2018 Jaguar F-Type P300 R-Dynamic - things you will like, and some you may not
- NewsMaruti Suzuki S-Cross crosses one lakh sales figure
- NewsSpec Comparo: Hyundai Santro vs Tata Tiago vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Launch image gallery
- News2018 Hyundai Santro launched in India at Rs 3.90 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video
- News2019 Yamaha FZ FI spotted testing in India