Honda Rebel 500 likely to be launched in India by mid 2020
Honda may launch the Rebel 500 in India soon and it will be Honda's only mid-capacity cruiser available. The bike was first shown in 2019 at the EICMA and it is an upgraded version of the Rebel 300. It is also a part of the 500cc fleet of bikes planned to be launched in India, that includes CBR500R, CB500F and CB500X. The bike comes in four shades.
The face gets round treatment for the headlamp and the indicator with LED lighting and enclosed DRLs, the rear too gets round indicators and a tail lamp that is almost square-shaped. The fender at the back gets the name of the bike in a subtle black shade. The instrument cluster is round and digital. It displays fuel, gear position, speed, odometer and time. The tank is sculpted and can hold up to 11. 2 litres. You get a split-seat set-up and the rider seat is at a height of 690mm.
The Rebel will house a 471cc 4-valve, liquid-cooled parallel-twin, 4-stroke motor mated to a 6-speed gearbox which pushes 46.2PS of power and 43.3 Nm of torque. The bike gets disc brakes on both the 16-inch wheels and the suspension at the front is a 41mm conventional fork with 4.8 inches of travel, the rear has dual-shocks with 3.8 inches of travel. The bike weighs 185kg with a wheelbase of 1,490mm.
The bike will be priced at a figure around Rs. 4.5 lakh, it will initially be brought in via the CKD route, but eventually the bike will be localised which may reduce the price by a heavy margin. At that price, the Rebel 500 will lock horns with the Benelli Leoncino 500.
Starts Rs 4,79,000
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- NewsCEAT launches GoSafe S95 Face Masks, forays into personal protective equipment business
- News2020 Audi RS7 Sportback to be launched in India on July 16
- NewsHero MotoCorp gives 100 scooters to women police officers of Gorakhpur Police Department
- NewsRenault Kwid RXL 1.0L launched at Rs.4.16 lakh in India
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block