Honda recalls 1.43 lakh units of the Civic and Fit in the US
Honda has recalled approximately 1.43 lakh units of the 2014 Civic and the 2015 Fit in the US. Honda has issued the recall to update the software managing the CVT. The software in the affected vehicles is suspected to cause high hydraulic pressure in certain transmission modes, resulting in high stresses developing in the drive pulley shaft.
The shafts are not designed to withstand the high pressures caused and the repeated application of the same may result in the shaft breaking. Owners of the affected cars can take them to the nearest Honda dealerships once they get the notification from Honda regarding the recall. If the car is found to carry the defective software, Honda will be repairing the problem free of charge. As of now, warranty claims processes in the US have revealed that no crashes or injuries have been reported due to this issue.
- NewsFCA launches Jeep Connect outlets in India.
- NewsNASCAR Whelen Euro Series 2018: Advait Deodhar wins the Elite Club championship
- NewsNew-gen Honda Amaze crosses 50,000 sales mark in five months in India
- NewsF1 2018: Kimi Raikkonen takes victory at US GP
- Review2018 SWM Superdual T road test review
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Five things to know before tomorrow's launch
- NewsTata Motors to organise nation-wide free service camp for its CV range in India
- News2018 Hyundai Santro gets over 14,000 bookings in less than two weeks
- NewsFB Mondial HPS300 launched at Rs Rs 3.37 lakh in India, image gallery
- NewsMercedes-Benz GLC L SUV unveiled, will be sold only in the Chinese market