Honda recalls 22,834 units of City, Accord, and Jazz built in 2013 to replace faulty airbags
Honda Cars India Ltd (HCIL) has announced that it is voluntarily recalling 22,834 units of its various models including the Honda City, Honda Accord, and Honda Jazz to replace faulty Takata front passenger airbag inflators. Honda stated that the move is part of a precautionary global recall campaign, specific to the Takata front airbag inflators. Of the total 22,834 units, 22,084 units of the 2013 Honda City form a majority, while there 510 units of the Honda Accord, and 240 units of the Honda Jazz. This is not the first time that Honda Cars has issued a recall over the faulty Takata airbags. As many as 100 million cars from 13 different manufacturers have been affected by the issue. The airbag inflators were found to be expanding with excessive force and spraying metal shrapnel into the cabins. Honda had carried out similar recalls in the past as well.
Takata, the supplier, has admitted to this fault in the past and agreed to pay $ 1 billion in penalties after 12 deaths and around 180 injuries have resulted from this issue. Honda has stated that it will directly contact the customers whose cars are affected by the recall, and replace the faulty inflators free of cost. For customers who would want to check if their car falls under the recall, Honda has set up a page where you can check the same with your 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) or chassis number.
Starts Rs 5.89 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.58 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept
- NewsImage gallery: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade