Honda sells 20 lakh units of the Activa in 7 months
The Honda Activa is probably the biggest success story since the Bajaj Chetak as far as scooters are concerned. Launched over a decade and half ago in 2001, the Activa is one of the strongest two-wheeler brands in the country today, second probably only to the Hero Splendor. It isn't very long ago that the Honda Activa became the highest selling two-wheeler in India, and the scooter has just created a new record. Honda has sold 20 lakh units of the Activa in a mere 7 months, from April to October this year.
The Honda Activa is the highest selling two-wheeler in the country
Of course, that includes all iterations of the scooter namely the hugely popular Activa 4G, the Activa i and the Activa 125. Honda says that effectively it has moved one Activa every 9 seconds from its dealerships for the period of April to October 2017. The fact that the Indian two-wheeler industry has more than doubled in size over the past half-decade has also helped the Activa go from strength to strength, and the scooter has had a 17 percent contribution to the 1,22,58,274 two-wheelers sold in the country for the same period. Total sales of the Honda Activa since its launch in 2001 amount up to over 1.5 crore units, the highest ever for a scooter in India.
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally