Honda sells 50,000 units of WR-V crossover in India
Honda Cars India has achieved a milestone of crossing 50,000 cumulative sales of the WR-V in one year since its launch. The Honda WR-V, launched in India in March 2017, is based on the same platform as the Jazz and accounts to 28 per cent of total HCIL sales during the past 12 months, stated the company.
"It (Honda WR-V) has emerged as a strong volume model in Honda's model line-up striking the right chord among young urban customers who are looking for status, comfort and have an active lifestyle." commented Yoichiro Ueno, President & CEO, Honda Cars India Ltd.
Honda states that the WR-V has gained popularity across all the regions in the country. While the Tier 1 cities have been attracted to the feature list, it is the tall ground clearance and the aspirational value that has made the WR-V a success in the Tier 3 markets as well, mentioned the company. The Honda WR-V was launched in India and is exported to Brazil. Sales of petrol models account to 42 per cent while that of diesel is 58 per cent.
The Honda WR-V is available in.a 1.2-litre i-VTEC petrol and a 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel engines. Both the engines are mated to manual transmissions as of now - 5-speed and 6-speed respectively.
Starts Rs 7.79 Lakhs
- News2018 MotoGP season comes to a dramatic end, Dovizioso wins 'two-part' rain soaked race
- News2018 JK NRC: Karthik Tharani wins 2018 Euro JK 18 championship
- NewsMarc Marquez dominates Sunday morning warm-up at Valencia for 2018 MotoGP season finale
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350