Honda sells 50,000 units of WR-V crossover in India
Honda Cars India has achieved a milestone of crossing 50,000 cumulative sales of the WR-V in one year since its launch. The Honda WR-V, launched in India in March 2017, is based on the same platform as the Jazz and accounts to 28 per cent of total HCIL sales during the past 12 months, stated the company.
"It (Honda WR-V) has emerged as a strong volume model in Honda's model line-up striking the right chord among young urban customers who are looking for status, comfort and have an active lifestyle." commented Yoichiro Ueno, President & CEO, Honda Cars India Ltd.
Honda states that the WR-V has gained popularity across all the regions in the country. While the Tier 1 cities have been attracted to the feature list, it is the tall ground clearance and the aspirational value that has made the WR-V a success in the Tier 3 markets as well, mentioned the company. The Honda WR-V was launched in India and is exported to Brazil. Sales of petrol models account to 42 per cent while that of diesel is 58 per cent.
The Honda WR-V is available in.a 1.2-litre i-VTEC petrol and a 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel engines. Both the engines are mated to manual transmissions as of now - 5-speed and 6-speed respectively.
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
- NewsAudi Q5L unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsHero Motocorp revises prices across its entire range by up to Rs 625
- NewsSuzuki Ertiga rival Mitsubishi Xpander MPV exports begin from Indonesia
- News2018 Toyota Yaris: Variant-wise price guide
- News2018 Toyota Yaris launched in India at Rs 8.75 lakh
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander bookings open in India
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750: Four things you will like and three you won't
- Features2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200S long term review: After 16,700km and fourteen months
- NewsAuto China 2018: BMW M2 Competition debuts in China
- NewsAuto China 2018: Vision Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept showcased