Honda teases Civic Type-R concept before its Geneva debut
Honda has teased an image of its Civic Type-R concept which is scheduled to debut at the Geneva Motor Show.
The Civic type R is a wildly popular model from Honda stables and has a number of young enthusiasts around the globe who pep it up with aftermarket parts making it a sportier and more performance oriented machine.
The current generation type-R has a 2.0 litre four cylinder engine making 200PS and 192Nm of torque which might not sound much. Now, take the weight of 1338 kg in to equation and what you get is very quick machine. The 0-100 km/h dash is completed in a claimed 6.4 seconds. Expect the next gen car to be faster than the current offering. Propelling the vehicle forward are the front wheels to which power is transmitted through a six-speed gearbox.
Honda in the past few years has acquired a reputation for showcasing their near production ready cars in concept forms. In all probability the vehicle to be showcased will be the next production version of this hot hatch.
- News2019 Hyundai Kona Electric will be the company's first all-electric model for India
- NewsHarley-Davidson India offers flat track racing experience for enthusiasts
- News2018 Hyundai Creta facelift to be launched earlier than expected in May
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launched in India at Rs 11.76 lakh
- NewsImage Gallery: Volkswagen reveals I. D. R Pikes Peak prototype racer
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launch - LIVE updates
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018: CS Santosh leads Moto class after Leg 2
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift spotted undisguised before April launch
- NewsTata Motors to raise car prices by up to Rs 60,000 in India
- NewsNissan, Datsun to hike car prices by 2 per cent from April 1 in India