Honda to locally manufacture select premium motorcycles for the international market
Honda BigWing was set up as a premium dealership under the Honda motorcycles' umbrella in India six months ago. The vertical retails Honda's premium motorcycles while offering an upmarket experience for the buyers. The portfolio currently has the Gold Wing, Africa Twin, CBR1000RR, CB1000R, CBR650R and the CB300R which is a mix of CKD and CBU motorcycles.
Honda Motorcycle's India division has announced that the company will be introducing five brand new motorcycles in the Indian market which are likely to be sold under the BigWing vertical. Also, the existing line-up will be updated to the generations present in the global market. However, this phase two of BigWing will commence post-implementation of the BSVI norms (i.e April 2020) in India where the company also plans to expand their BigWing dealership network from 23 to 75 cities.
The 2020 CBR1000RR showcased at EICMA 2019
Elaborating on Honda's fun biking focus, Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Senior Vice President Sales and Marketing, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, "Globally, Honda has a strong legacy of fun riding be it for fun urban riding, super-sport racing, luxurious touring or even off-roading. Starting April'19, Honda spearheaded its new premium bike business identity under Silver Wing-Mark branded as - Honda BigWing. Honda will unleash Phase II of its premium business vertical in the new BSVI era. Customers can expect double the fun with 13 iconic global models including five brand new models. This will be supported by exclusive Honda BigWing network for sales and service in 75 cities."
- News2020 Honda Africa Twin to be launched on March 5 in India
- NewsBMW X5M and X6M performance SUVs to launch in India by September 2020
- ReviewBSVI KTM 390 Duke first ride review
- News2020 Toyota Vellfire MPV launched in India at Rs 79.5 lakh ex-showroom
- NewsNew Land Rover Defender 4x4 bookings begin in India ahead of August launch, priced from Rs 69.99 lakh
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055