Honda Vezel may be named as HR-V in the US
Honda's Fit-based crossover will be named as the HR-V in US if certain reports are to be believed. The compact crossover which shares its underpinnings with the Fit hatchback will be launched later this year in the US, and production/assembly will be carried out at the company's Celaya plant in Mexico.
This SUV made its debut in concept form at last year's Detroit Auto Show as the Urban SUV. A production version was unveiled for the Japanese market at the 2014 Tokyo Motor Show and was called as the Vezel. Honda did not confirm the reports and said that it will come out with the name at a later date. The HR-V nameplate has been used before by Honda and means Hi-rider Revolutionary Vehicle (HRV). A model sporting this name was offered in the Japanese and UK markets with production ceasing in 2006. It was a compact SUV which offered more ground clearance and appealed to young customers.
The HR-V model is a name familiar with UK customer and Honda hopes that it will be able to garner good sales figures in Europe as well. Once available in the US market it will be positioned below the company's flagship SUV, the CR-V.
You can check more details of the Honda Vezel or HR-V here
Team OD | 22 Aug 2019
- NewsKTM 790 Duke spotted in India - official bookings likely to open on September 5
- News40,618 Maruti Suzuki WagonR 1.0-litre recalled in India
- NewsHyundai teases new EV concept - will be showcased at the 2019 Frankfurt Motor Show
- NewsSmartphone-based motorcycle navigation application Recky launched by CS Santosh
- NewsGoodyear launches two new range of tyres for cars and SUVs in India