Honda Vezel may be named as HR-V in the US
Honda's Fit-based crossover will be named as the HR-V in US if certain reports are to be believed. The compact crossover which shares its underpinnings with the Fit hatchback will be launched later this year in the US, and production/assembly will be carried out at the company's Celaya plant in Mexico.
This SUV made its debut in concept form at last year's Detroit Auto Show as the Urban SUV. A production version was unveiled for the Japanese market at the 2014 Tokyo Motor Show and was called as the Vezel. Honda did not confirm the reports and said that it will come out with the name at a later date. The HR-V nameplate has been used before by Honda and means Hi-rider Revolutionary Vehicle (HRV). A model sporting this name was offered in the Japanese and UK markets with production ceasing in 2006. It was a compact SUV which offered more ground clearance and appealed to young customers.
The HR-V model is a name familiar with UK customer and Honda hopes that it will be able to garner good sales figures in Europe as well. Once available in the US market it will be positioned below the company's flagship SUV, the CR-V.
You can check more details of the Honda Vezel or HR-V here
- News2018 Raid de Himalaya: Arindam Saikia of Team Polaris crowned overall winner
- News2019 Kawasaki Z650 launched in India at Rs 5.29 lakh
- FeaturesFHVI's Royal Classic Car Drive to Mysore
- NewsKymco enters the Indian electric scooter market with 22 Motors
- NewsMahindra TUV300 facelift in the works, launch next year
- NewsTata Harrier SUV pre-bookings open at Rs 30,000 across India
- NewsImage gallery: India-bound 2019 Yamaha YZF-R3
- NewsDucati Multistrada 1260 Enduro breaks cover
- News2019 Kawasaki Z900 launched in India at Rs 7.68 lakh, same price as earlier
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: KTM India set to launch 125 Duke in India next month?