Honda WR-V launched in India at Rs 7.75 lakh
Honda Cars today entered the sub-four meter crossover segment in India with the launch of the WR-V. Priced from Rs 7.75 lakh, ex-Delhi, the Honda WR-V shares its underpinnings with the Jazz. The Japanese car manufacturer opened bookings for the WR-V last month and the deliveries are slated to start from this week. India is the first market in the world to get the WR-V and subsequent launches of this car in other ASEAN markets are expect to follow soon.
Honda India has played a large role in the development of the WR-V. Unlike most other crossover themed hatchbacks, the WR-V is significantly distinctive in design than the Jazz. It borrows styling cues from other crossovers from Honda's portfolio like the BR-V and upcoming new CR-V. The cabin is largely similar to the Jazz and the larger wheelbase of the WR-V provides slightly better cabin space. Motivation for this pint-sized crossover comes from the same engine options as the Jazz - a 1.2-litre i-VTEC petrol and a 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel. Both can be hand only with manual transmissions as of now - 5-speed and 6-speed respectively.
The notable list of equipment includes a sunroof, standard fit ABS and airbags, LED DRLs and the new touchscreen infotainment system that debuted on the refreshed Honda City. It packs satellite navigation, an Android OS, internet capability, 1.5GB of media storage space and HDMI video input. You also get the reversing camera with three angles of view. The car also packs two USB ports and 12V sockets. The equipment is spread across two trim levels and the prices for the same are all follows:
Honda WR-V S petrol - Rs 7.75 lakh
Honda WR-V VX petrol - Rs 8.99 lakh
Honda WR-V S diesel - Rs 8.79 lakh
Honda WR-V VX diesel - Rs 9.99 lakh
More from OVERDRIVE on the Honda WR-V:
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.58 Lakhs
- NewsOfficial: BMW Motorrad India launches G 310 R and G 310 GS motorcycles at Rs 2.99 and Rs 3.49 lakh!
- NewsBMW G 310 R and BMW G 310 GS: Watch the BMW Motorrad live webcast here
- NewsLive updates: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS launch in India
- News2018 Porsche Macan SUV facelift teased during high-altitude testing
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: BMW G 310 R and BMW G 310 GS to be priced at Rs 2.75 lakh and Rs 3.4 lakh in India respectively
- Features2018 Yamaha YZF-R15: Four things you'll love and two things that you won't
- NewsBest deals on car tyres right now
- NewsAudi Q3 and Audi Q7 SUVs launched in new 'Design Edition' trims
- NewsDiscounts of up to 50 per cent on motorcycle tyres in India
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 BMW G 310 R