Honda WR-V to be launched in India on March 16
Honda Car India is all set to launch the WR-V compact crossover in India on March 16. The car was first unveiled at the 2016 Sao Paulo International Show in Brazil late last year, and is based on the Honda Jazz. When it is launched in India, it will go up against other hatchback crossovers like the Hyundai i20 Active, Volkswagen Cross Polo, Toyota Etios Cross and the Fiat Avventura Urban Cross. However, unlike with its competitors, Honda has changed the design quite a bit from the car it is based on.
The front-end of the car reminds us of the Honda BR-V thanks to elements like the chrome band on the grille, the bracketed foglamp enclosures and the headlights. The side profile however, is identical to the Jazz save for the plastic cladding around the wheel arches, the new alloys and the roof rails. The rear, although similar to the Jazz, has been cleverly redesigned with new taillights and bumpers to make it look different from the standard hatchback.
Engine options for the Honda WR-V will be the same as those offered with the Jazz. That means a 90PS/110Nm 1.2-litre i-VTEC petrol which can be optioned with either a CVT or a 5-speed manual, and a 100PS/200Nm i-DTEC diesel with a 6-speed manual gear box. We expect the Honda WR-V to be priced around Rs 80,000-90,000 more than the Jazz, which puts it in the Rs 6.80-10.6 lakh price bracket.
Starts Rs 7.79 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.83 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.08 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.62 Lakhs
- NewsSuzuki Gixxer SF 155 spotted ahead of its official launch
- NewsExclusive: Hyundai Venue sub-compact SUV prices leaked ahead of its official launch
- NewsInterview: MG India's Rajeev Chaba on strategy, new products and BSVI
- NewsUpdated TVS Apache RR 310 coming soon!
- NewsMG Hector SUV to sport 19 exclusive features - launch next month
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip