Honda WR-V to be launched in India on March 16
Honda Car India is all set to launch the WR-V compact crossover in India on March 16. The car was first unveiled at the 2016 Sao Paulo International Show in Brazil late last year, and is based on the Honda Jazz. When it is launched in India, it will go up against other hatchback crossovers like the Hyundai i20 Active, Volkswagen Cross Polo, Toyota Etios Cross and the Fiat Avventura Urban Cross. However, unlike with its competitors, Honda has changed the design quite a bit from the car it is based on.
The front-end of the car reminds us of the Honda BR-V thanks to elements like the chrome band on the grille, the bracketed foglamp enclosures and the headlights. The side profile however, is identical to the Jazz save for the plastic cladding around the wheel arches, the new alloys and the roof rails. The rear, although similar to the Jazz, has been cleverly redesigned with new taillights and bumpers to make it look different from the standard hatchback.
Engine options for the Honda WR-V will be the same as those offered with the Jazz. That means a 90PS/110Nm 1.2-litre i-VTEC petrol which can be optioned with either a CVT or a 5-speed manual, and a 100PS/200Nm i-DTEC diesel with a 6-speed manual gear box. We expect the Honda WR-V to be priced around Rs 80,000-90,000 more than the Jazz, which puts it in the Rs 6.80-10.6 lakh price bracket.
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.83 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.06 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.89 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.41 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.62 Lakhs
- News2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado facelift launched in India at Rs 92.6 lakh
- News2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk SUV bookings open across India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm: A look back
- News2018 Ford EcoSport Titanium+ petrol with 5-speed manual option launched in India for Rs 10.47 lakh
- News2018 Yamaha Ray-ZR launched with four new colours in India at Rs 53,451
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 reach Australia for display, India launch later in 2018
- NewsMahindra Adventure season 8 calendar for 2018 announced
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift to be launched in April
- News2018 Honda CB Shine SP, Livo, and Dream Yuga commuter motorcycles launched in India
- News2018 Honda CBR250R launched in India at Rs 1.63 lakh