Hyosung launches the GT250R in India
Hyosung which recently teamed with DSK Motowheels has launched the new GT250R in India. It is priced at Rs 2.75 lakh, ex-Delhi. The 250cc machine boasts of an air/oil-cooled 249cc, 75-degree, V-twin engine that runs an eight-valve, DOHC set-up with a peak power of 27.88PS and maximum torque of 22.07Nm. The engine is mated to a 5-speed gearbox. The GT250R is available in three colours - white-red, silver-red and red-black and will be in showrooms in next five days. Deliveries will begin in two weeks. Hyosung now has 18 dealers in the country and are working with DSK to localise components to be able to drop the prices, hinting at long term plans in India. DSK wants to have an assembly facility online in about 18 months with talks of Maharashtra and Gujarat being the ideal locations. The company also has aims for 90 per cent localisation. With localisation in place, prices can be expected to drop as much as to Rs 1.5 lakh. Hyosung will be bringing the GV cruiser before Diwali and then other bikes towards the end of the year.
Starts Rs 3,44,000
- NewsSecond generation Hyundai Grand i10 spotted on test in Mumbai - launch soon
- NewsUpcoming 2019 Tata Altroz hatchback spotted undisguised
- NewsThe preview of the all-new BMW 1 Series is out - launch scheduled for September 2019
- NewsToyota Glanza hatchback to be launched in India on June 6
- NewsConfirmed: 2019 Aprilia Storm 125, Vespa Urban Club to be launched in India on May 30