Hyper-GT to be fastest, most aerodynamic McLaren ever built
It is already known that McLaren is working on a supercar, Hyper-GT, that is believed to be the successor of the iconic F1. Although, the same has been reported earlier, the British sportscar manufacturer has neither accepted nor denied it. The Hyper-GT will make its production debut in 2019 with only 109 units, similar to that of the iconic McLaren F1.
The Hyper-GT will be developed by the McLaren Special Operations (MSO). McLaren has been teasing about the Hyper-GT with sketches of the supercar. And now the company has issued one more teaser image that reveals more about the design. The supercar, developed under the code name BP-23, pays a homage to Gordon Murray, the British designer who is responsible for the McLaren F1 road car. Even the 3-seat, central-driving layout has been retained from the F1.
The McLaren BP23 will use a shrink-wrapped carbon-fibre body and will run a hybrid powertrain, which, according to them, will make it the most powerful and refined McLaren yet. The brand is calling it a Hyper-GT because the car will be designed for long journeys while still delivering the level of performance and driver engagement expected from a McLaren. Like all of McLaren's road and track cars, the BP23 will also feature dihedral doors.
Powering the McLaren Hyper-GT will be a 4.0-litre V8 motor paired with a hybrid system that is believed to outnumber even the P1, the company's flagship supercar. Additionally, the company states that the Hyper-GT will be the most aerodynamic road-going McLaren to be built ever. If all of this information has excited you to get one, you can't as all the 109 specimens of the Hyper-GT are already sold out.
- NewsVW Ameo Cup 2018: Incident-packed race sees Dhruv Mohite continue good run
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works