Hyundai AH2(new Santro) spotted in a new paint shade
The much anticipated new small car form Hyundai which replaces the Santro, codenamed the AH2, has been spotted testing in a 'Star Dust' paint job. This colour option is available across the Hyundai range in India on cars like the Grand i10, Verna and Creta. This comes ahead of the car's official launch on October 23.
The company recently showed a design sketch of the new small car. The upcoming Santro will continue to bear its signature tall-boy lines, albeit in a modern avatar. The Hyundai Santro is also going to mark the debut of Hyundai's new AMT gearbox. Seeing as how there has been a rise in popularity of automatic and AMT versions in the country, this is a good platform to launch its offering.
The Hyundai Santro is an important car for the company as it aims to become the number 1 carmaker in the country. The new-gen hatchback will sit between the Eon and Grand i10 in the company's line-up and will carry a similar design language with strong lines, LED DRLs and the full-face grille seen on the facelifted Grand i10. The new Santro features large tail lights like the Eon. Like the updated Grand i10, the new Santro gets black inserts in the bumpers.
Coming to the interior, the new-gen Hyundai Santro will come with a three-spoke steering wheel with audio mounted controls. In addition, the hatch might also get a touchscreen system that can be operated through steering mounted controls. Reports suggest that the dash-mounted gear lever, cabin trim design and other bits will resemble that of the Grand i10. All these features will make the new-gen Hyundai Santro a lot more premium than before.
While there is no official confirmation yet, we expect the new Hyundai Santro to be powered by an 800cc petrol engine, pretty much the norm in the segment. Hyundai is expected to offer an AMT version as well. We expect the new Hyundai Santro to be priced in the Rs 2.5 lakh to 4.5 lakh price bracket. Given Hyundai's penchant for offering features, we also expect the new Hyundai Santro to come loaded with equipment like airbags, ABS and a touchscreen infotainment system.
The B-segment has seen Maruti lose its dominance over it with the Renault Kwid being successful which has made the segment open up to new players. But while Hyundai has strong products in other price points, it's B-segment challenger, the Eon, hasn't been competitive enough. Hyundai will be hoping this new car gives it a better shot.
Image source: Indian Autos Blog
Starts Rs 3.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.67 Lakhs
- NewsSpec comparison: Nissan Kicks vs Hyundai Creta vs Mahindra Scorpio
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Hero 450 RR Dakar spec rally motorcycle
- NewsDakar 2019: Hero MotoSports' CS Santosh, Joaquim Rodrigues and Oriol Mena gear up for 41st edition of the rally
- Review2019 Audi E-Tron first drive review
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Nissan Kicks India-spec
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 accessory list revealed with prices
- Review2019 BMW 3 Series first drive review
- Review2018 BMW G 310 R road test review
- Review2019 Nissan Kicks first drive review
- News2019 Land Rover Discovery Sport launched in India at Rs 44.68 lakh, more powerful diesel option added