Hyundai appoints Albert Biermann as head of vehicle test and high performance development
Looks like Hyundai are focusing on squeezing out better performance from their vehicles in the future. The company has recently appointed vice president engineering at BMW M, Albert Biermann as head of vehicle test and high performance development.
According to Hyundai, Biermann will take care of the high-performance vehicles from Hyundai and Kia and will oversee engineering projects relating to ride, handling, safety, reliability and mitigation of NVH. He comes with an experience of 30 years in BMW road and race cars including the Performance M versions.
"I couldn't be more excited to join Hyundai Motor Group - it is a company I have watched closely as it has taken on its key competitors and quickly established a strong customer base in Europe," said Biermann.
Hyundai's new head of vehicle test and high performance development will be based at the company's main R&D centre in Namyang, Korea. Here, he will be supervising the roll-out of some new high-performance vehicles from the Korean carmaker.
Biermann will be taking over his new office from April 1, 2015.
- NewsImage gallery: 2020 Kia Sonet India unveil
- NewsAll-new Honda CBR600RR to be unveiled on August 21
- News2020 Kia Sonet SUV revealed: Everything you need to know
- NewsLive updates: 2020 Kia Sonet India reveal, details, specifications, features, engines, launch date and expected price
- News2020 Ferrari F8 Tributo launched in India, priced from Rs 4.02 crore