Hyundai car prices to go up in the range of Rs 6,580 to Rs 50,380 across India
December has just become a great time to buy a car India if you were eyeing a Hyundai. For, Hyundai Motor India Limited (HMIL) has announced that it will hike prices of cars by 2 per cent across its model range from January 2018. This will increase ex-showroom prices of Hyundai cars in India in the range of Rs 6,580 to Rs 50,380. The price hike will affect all Hyundai models including the Eon, Grand i10, Elite i20, i20 Active, Xcent, Elantra, Creta and the Tucson, as well as the recently announced Indian Car of the Year, 2017 Hyundai Verna. Speaking about the price increase, Rakesh Srivastava, director - sales and marketing said that HMIL has been absorbing the increase in input and material costs, but is now constrained to increase the prices by 2 per cent. Carmakers usually announce price hikes at the end of the year to attract buyers who may be putting off their purchase to the next year.
The price rise affects different models. For example, the Hyundai Eon D-lite base model which costs Rs 3.29 lakh will cost Rs 6,580 more at Rs 3.35 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). Similarly, the top of the line Hyundai Diesel AT GLS 4WD which costs Rs 25.19 lakh will cost Rs 50,380 more and be priced at Rs 25.69 lakh from January 2018 (all prices ex-showroom, Delhi). Carmakers including Nissan, Mahindra & Mahindra, Volkswagen, Maruti Suzuki India, Tata Motors, Ford, Toyota, Honda, Skoda, and Isuzu have also similarly announced price hikes.
Starts Rs 3.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.79 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept