Hyundai Creta bags over 90,000 bookings in five months
The Hyundai Creta was an instant success for Hyundai as it drew in large sales number right since its launch in July. Now, five months later, Hyundai has bagged over 90,000 bookings for the Creta. Of this, 15,770 are from the export market, while 75,000 bookings are from India. The company expects to hit the 80,000 mark for domestic sales by the end of 2015, which is just around the corner.
The Creta is currently produced only in India and is being shipped to 77 countries. Hyundai is exporting this SUV to countries like Colombia, Costarica, Peru and Panama in Latin America as well as West Asian and African countries like Oman, UAE, Egypt, Morocco and Nigeria.
In India, people who wish to buy the Creta have to endure the long waiting period which is sometimes over three months. This is despite the fact that Hyundai had ramped up its production capacity to 7,500 units per month from the initial 6,500 units. Now, the company will further increase its capacity by another 10,000 units from January 2016 to meet the market's demands.
Also from OVERDRIVE on the Hyundai Creta:
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.85 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.29 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000