Hyundai Elite i20 and Active get dual airbags standard across range in India
Hyundai India have added dual airbags as part of standard equipment across the Elite i20 and i20 Active range. The Hyundai Elite i20's competitor, the Baleno also offers dual airbags as standard and ABS as well. The price is expected to increase by Rs 15,000-20,000. A few dealers we spoke to confirmed that they do have the car in stock with them, however, the updated price list will be available by next week.
The 2016 Hyundai Elite i20 also now comes in five variants as opposed to the six earlier. Hyundai have discontinued the Sportz (O) trim in the Elite i20. The top-spec Elite i20 Asta (O) trim now gets LED DRLs and projector headlamps with cornering function, similar to the i20 Active. The touchscreen audio video navigation system which was added last year continues without any changes.
There are no changes to the 1.2-litre 83PS/114Nm petrol and the 90PS/220Nm 1.4-litre diesel motors. While the petrol engine is mated to a 5-speed manual, the diesel comes with a 6-speed manual transmission.
We at OVERDRIVE believe that Hyundai should have added ABS and all-4 discs as part of the standard equipment as well. It now remains to be seen if Honda India also take the initiative and add these safety features as standard in the Jazz.
Starts Rs 5.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.89 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.36 Lakhs
- NewsBosch develops an automated valet parking system with e. Go
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga unveiled in Indonesia, India launch soon
- FeaturesImage Gallery: Shaken & Stirred April 2018
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance