Hyundai Elite i20 automatic launched in India at Rs 9.42 lakh
Hyundai has introduced an automatic version on the Elite i20 hatchback in India. Priced at Rs 9.42 lakh (ex-Mumbai), the Elite i20 automatic is only available in Magna variant. The petrol automatic variant was first shown at the 2016 Indonesia Motor Show, and there it was speculated that Hyundai will bring in the same to India. The car that was showcased at the show was manufactured at the company's plant in Sriperumbudur, India.
The Hyundai Elite i20 automatic is powered by a 1.4-litre petrol motor that makes 100PS at 6,000rpm and generates a peak torque of 132Nm at 4,000rpm. Hyundai used the same motor in the previous-generation i20 and also the current-generation Verna. This motor is mated to a 4-speed automatic transmission which is a conventional torque convertor unit. It must be noted that although Hyundai offers a torque convertor, the Honda Jazz and the Maruti Suzuki Baleno are offered with a CVT transmission.
The Magna variant comes equipped with driver and passenger airbags, engine immobiliser, and 2-DIN entertainment system with aux-in and USB as standard. However, it misses on features like touchscreen infotainment system, projector lights with DRLs, reverse camera, parking sensors and most importantly ABS.
Comparatively, the Honda Jazz CVT S trim and the Maruti Suzuki Baleno CVT Delta get ABS as a standard option. We believe Hyundai has launched the Elite i20 automatic only in the Magna variant to price it competitively. The 1.4-litre petrol engine falls under the higher duty structure unlike 1.2-litre or lesser capacity engines.
In addition to the Magna automatic, Hyundai has upped the safety aspect of the Elite i20 by making six airbags as a standard feature in the Asta (O).
The Hyundai Elite i20 Magna automatic (Rs 9.42 lakh) competes with the automatic variants of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno (Rs 7.29-7.93 lakh), Honda Jazz (Rs.7.69-8.62 lakh) and even the Volkswagen Polo GT TSI (Rs 9.24 lakh).
Starts Rs 5.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.89 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.26 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.42 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept
- NewsImage gallery: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade
- NewsWRC 2018: Hyundai's Thierry Neuville victorious at Rally Sweden
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Clarity fuel cell FCV
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha M-Slaz
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Creon concept