Hyundai Elite i20 based crossover coming in early 2015
It seems like carmakers who don't have a product to contend with the compact SUVs are resorting to converting their hatchbacks into make-do crossovers with rugged looking body kits and roof rails. More than a smart move, it seems like a desperate attempt to gain some market share. While such desperate measures may seem justified for hatchbacks that don't command the sales volumes of their more popular counterparts, it comes to us as a surprise that a carmaker like Hyundai is taking to this practice.
The spy shots seen here suggest that Hyundai is working on one such crossover based on the Elite i20. The photos show a pair of roof rails, side-cladding and new alloy wheels. Our sources close to Hyundai are hinting at an early 2015 launch for the Elite i20 crossover. We expect the car to hit the roads by February 2015. The Elite i20 crossover is expected to get the same 1.2-litre petrol and 1.4-litre diesel engines as its hatchback sibling, but we hear that they will produce slightly better power and torque figures with improved power delivery.
This Elite i20 based crossover will compete with the Toyota Etios Cross, the Volkswagen and the Fiat.
Images from IAB
Starts Rs 5.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.41 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.62 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Oct 2018
- News2018 Hero Destini 125 scooter launched in India at Rs 54,650
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hero Destini 125 scooter launch
- News2020 Porsche Taycan EV to be priced between Panamera and Cayenne
- News2019 Honda CBR 150R details out, to rival the Yamaha R15 v3 in India?
- NewsMahindra Marazzo garners over 10,000 bookings since launch
- NewsTata Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP to launch in India on October 26
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh