Hyundai Elite i20 based crossover coming in early 2015
It seems like carmakers who don't have a product to contend with the compact SUVs are resorting to converting their hatchbacks into make-do crossovers with rugged looking body kits and roof rails. More than a smart move, it seems like a desperate attempt to gain some market share. While such desperate measures may seem justified for hatchbacks that don't command the sales volumes of their more popular counterparts, it comes to us as a surprise that a carmaker like Hyundai is taking to this practice.
The spy shots seen here suggest that Hyundai is working on one such crossover based on the Elite i20. The photos show a pair of roof rails, side-cladding and new alloy wheels. Our sources close to Hyundai are hinting at an early 2015 launch for the Elite i20 crossover. We expect the car to hit the roads by February 2015. The Elite i20 crossover is expected to get the same 1.2-litre petrol and 1.4-litre diesel engines as its hatchback sibling, but we hear that they will produce slightly better power and torque figures with improved power delivery.
Images from IAB
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
- NewsCristiano Ronaldo gifts himself a Bugatti Centodieci, the world's most expensive car
- NewsAudi RS Q8 teased ahead of India debut
- NewsGMC drops teaser for Hummer EV with over 1,000PS and removable roof panels
- NewsKia Motors India crosses one lakh sales in 11 months
- NewsBajaj Auto has sold 2.38 lakh units of 2Ws in July 2020, down by 26 per cent