Hyundai Elite i20 Cross: What we know so far
Yes, there have been tonnes of spy images of the new Hyundai Elite i20 Cross all over the Interweb. There's been plenty of speculation as well. However, sources close to the i20 Cross project have provided us with more information. Scroll down to find out more.
For starters, the Hyundai Elite i20 Cross will NOT be christened the i20 Cross. While we are not sure what it will be called, it will definitely bear the i20 badge. There will be LED daytime running lamps only on the top trim. The design of the alloy wheels will be different from the ones we have seen on the already stylish Elite i20. Apart from this, there will also be new colour options for the car. The cabin too will have a colour scheme different from what we have seen in other Hyundai cars so far.
Apart from this, unlike the other 'cross' cars in its category, the latest Hyundai will also have increased ground clearance. Engine options are likely to be the same as those in the i20. The launch, as we reported earlier is on March 9 and this Hyundai is aimed squarely at taking on the very successful Ford.
In other news, the Hyundai ix25, codenamed GS, will retain the four engine options that are available for the Verna. This means a pair of 1.4-litre as well as 1.6-litre petrol and diesel motors. While the 1.4s will be low-cost entry level options, the 1.6 will be for those looking at better performance. The engines will also be shared with the upcoming Hyundai compact MPV which will be launched next year, most probably at the 2016 Auto Expo. The Hyundai ix25 will take on the XUV500 and the Renault.
Image source: IndianAutosBlog
Starts Rs 5.43 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.29 Lakhs
- NewsVolkswagen ID electric hatchback begins testing, to have 550 km range
- NewsThree SUVs that will compete with Jeep Renegade in India
- NewsDucati Dream Tour Rajasthan to be held from February 1 to 5, 2019
- News2018 INRC: Gaurav Gill claims championship title with Popular Rally victory
- News2019 Ford Figo facelift spotted testing undisguised
- NewsUpdated Force Gurkha Xtreme launched at Rs 12.99 lakh
- NewsKTM working on a bigger and better RC390, to take on Yamaha R3 and Kawasaki Ninja 400
- NewsHyundai QXi sub-four meter SUV spotted testing in South Korea
- NewsLambretta EV to be launched in India in 2020
- News2019 Toyota Camry hybrid to launch in India on January 18