Hyundai Elite i20 gets more than 12,000 bookings in India
Hyundai's all new car was launched in India on August 11. This was the world wide preview of the car before its Paris Motor Show debut. It follows Hyundai's Fluidic Design philosophy but in a fresh version 2.0. As is the case with other Hyundai cars, the Elite i20 is feature laden and infact doesn't share any parts inside or outside with the old car. Except for the engines that is.
Powering the new i20 are a pair of petrol (1.2l) and diesel (1.4l) engines mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. The dual VTVT petrol engine makes 83PS of power and 115Nm of torque. The U2 CRDi diesel engine produces 90PS/220Nm. As of now, there is no automatic variant of the i20, however Hyundai is looking to add one at a later stage.
The top-end variant of the i20 is feature laden and comes with 16-inch alloys, dual airbags, ABS, parking sensors with reverse camera, auto folding mirrors as well as climate control and push button start. The Hyundai i20 squares against the new VW Polo, Fiat Punto Evo and Maruti Swift. Prices for the new Elite i20 start at Rs 4.89 lakh, ex-Delhi.
Starts Rs 5.43 Lakhs
- News2019 Land Rover Discovery Sport launched in India at Rs 44.68 lakh, more powerful diesel option added
- NewsImage gallery: Koeniggsegg Regera KNC
- NewsHonda X-Blade launched with ABS at Rs 87,776
- NewsThis is the most outrageous Koenigsegg Regera hypercar yet
- News2019 BMW X4 coupe-SUV spotted testing in India, launch early next year
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina's 1900PS hypercar will be called Battista
- NewsNissan Kicks SUV bookings to open on December 14
- NewsDiscounts of up to Rs 50,000 offered on BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS
- NewsIndian FTR 1200 launched in India at Rs 14.99 lakh, deliveries April 2019 onwards
- NewsLive updates: 2019 India-spec Nissan Kicks