Hyundai Elite i20 gets more than 12,000 bookings in India
Hyundai's all new car was launched in India on August 11. This was the world wide preview of the car before its Paris Motor Show debut. It follows Hyundai's Fluidic Design philosophy but in a fresh version 2.0. As is the case with other Hyundai cars, the Elite i20 is feature laden and infact doesn't share any parts inside or outside with the old car. Except for the engines that is.
Powering the new i20 are a pair of petrol (1.2l) and diesel (1.4l) engines mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. The dual VTVT petrol engine makes 83PS of power and 115Nm of torque. The U2 CRDi diesel engine produces 90PS/220Nm. As of now, there is no automatic variant of the i20, however Hyundai is looking to add one at a later stage.
The top-end variant of the i20 is feature laden and comes with 16-inch alloys, dual airbags, ABS, parking sensors with reverse camera, auto folding mirrors as well as climate control and push button start. The Hyundai i20 squares against the new VW Polo, Fiat Punto Evo and Maruti Swift. Prices for the new Elite i20 start at Rs 4.89 lakh, ex-Delhi.
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
- NewsThree lakh units production milestone achieved for the Tata Tiago
- NewsDucati Scrambler 1100 Pro BSVI launched in India, prices start from Rs. 11.95 lakh
- NewsTata Altroz diesel now more affordable with Rs 40,000 price cut
- NewsVolkswagen's first electric SUV, the ID.4, will include 3-years of free fast charging in the US
- NewsFord Endeavour Sport launched in India, prices start from Rs 35.10 lakh