Hyundai Eon 1.0l bookings open in India
The Eon is Hyundai's contender in the exceptionally fierce small car market in India. The entry level car market in the country is currently dominated by Maruti Suzuki which has models like Alto 800 and the recently introduced, very successful Celerio. Eon has not been able to make a dent to its competitior's sales figures and has not received an update since 2011.
Hyundai will be giving the car a much needed update this year, which will take inspiration from the company's Fluidic design philosophy. Minor exterior styling changes are expected and include revised headlamps, front bumper and grille. But before that, the Eon has received an all-new engine. The 1.0l dual VVTi motor motor makes 69PS and 94.1Nm of power and torque respectively. This engine is mated to a 5-speed manual box and the Eon 1.0l is available only in the Magna Plus variant. Lack of power from the 0.8litre unit is one of the major negatives according to the customer feedback that the company has received and this is why the 1.0l engine has been introduced.
Price for the new Eon 1.0l, on-road in Mumbai is Rs 4.63 lakh according to our source. Bookings are already open with an amount of Rs 25,000. We expect Hyundai to make a formal announcement soon about the Eon 1.0l. The 1.0litre variant faces the Maruti Alto K10 and the upcoming Tata Nano 1.0l.
Starts Rs 3.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.66 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.36 Lakhs
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh