Hyundai Eon 1.0l bookings open in India
The Eon is Hyundai's contender in the exceptionally fierce small car market in India. The entry level car market in the country is currently dominated by Maruti Suzuki which has models like Alto 800 and the recently introduced, very successful Celerio. Eon has not been able to make a dent to its competitior's sales figures and has not received an update since 2011.
Hyundai will be giving the car a much needed update this year, which will take inspiration from the company's Fluidic design philosophy. Minor exterior styling changes are expected and include revised headlamps, front bumper and grille. But before that, the Eon has received an all-new engine. The 1.0l dual VVTi motor motor makes 69PS and 94.1Nm of power and torque respectively. This engine is mated to a 5-speed manual box and the Eon 1.0l is available only in the Magna Plus variant. Lack of power from the 0.8litre unit is one of the major negatives according to the customer feedback that the company has received and this is why the 1.0l engine has been introduced.
Price for the new Eon 1.0l, on-road in Mumbai is Rs 4.63 lakh according to our source. Bookings are already open with an amount of Rs 25,000. We expect Hyundai to make a formal announcement soon about the Eon 1.0l. The 1.0litre variant faces the Maruti Alto K10 and the upcoming Tata Nano 1.0l.
Starts Rs 3.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.66 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.36 Lakhs
- NewsAtacama Rally 2018: Hero MotoSports' Oriol Mena finishes Stage 2 in 10th place, Joaquim Rodrigues 15th
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: CS Santosh to lead charge for Hero Motosport Team Rally
- NewsIsuzu India announces cricketer Jonty Rhodes as new brand ambassador for D-Max V-Cross
- NewsHonda Navi crosses one lakh sales mark
- NewsMaruti Suzuki increases prices of all its models in India
- Review2018 Suzuki Burgman Street road test review
- NewsYamaha YZF-R15 Moto GP limited edition and new colour options for Yamaha FZS-Fi launched at Rs 1.3 lakh and Rs 87,042
- NewsNext-gen Hyundai Santro design sketch unveiled, to launch in October 2018
- NewsSportier Toyota Yaris TRD Sportivo shown at GIIAS 2018
- News2018 Bajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brake priced at Rs 82,630