Hyundai HND-9 coming to the 2014 Auto Expo
Hyundai is planning to bring its R&D facility's ninth concept - the HND-9 - to the 2014 Auto Expo. Revealed earlier at the 2013 Seoul Motor Show, the HND-9 not only previews what Hyundai's future luxury sports coupés could look like, but it also shows the direction in which the fluidic sculpture design philosophy is headed.
The HND-9 features a big diamond grille and has a rather clean layout for the fluidic lines. The interiors feature spiral shaped metal lines & mesh inserts. The dash is driver centric and looks nothing short of a spaceship cockpit.
Under the hood of the Hyundai HND-9 Concept is a 3.3-litre GDi petrol engine with direct injection. It's features an 8-speed automatic transmission that transfers the engine engines 365 PS down to the road through a rear wheel drive mechanism.
The HND-9 will be unveiled to the Indian audience during the Auto Expo to highlight Hyundai's product development capabilities. But since it's Indian counterpart has its hands full with its mass-market products, we are unlikely to see a sports coupé in India from Hyundai anytime soon.
- NewsExclusive: 2018 Toyota Yaris to be launched in India on April 24, bookings now open
- News2019 Volkswagen Touareg teased before March 23 reveal in Beijing
- ReviewRange Rover Velar P250 road test review
- NewsForce Motors announces joint venture with Rolls-Royce Power Systems under Force MTU Power Systems banner
- News2018 Bentley Continental GT launching in India on March 24
- FeaturesBetter riding: You must be able to see where you're going! | Near miss!
- NewsMG Motor to launch first car in India earlier than planned, by second quarter of 2019
- NewsUpcoming 700km Mumbai-Nagpur expressway to reduce travel time by half
- NewsIndian Oil begins doorstep delivery of diesel in India
- News2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado facelift launched in India at Rs 92.6 lakh