Hyundai i20 Active to be launched in India on March 17, 2015
The Elite i20 based i20 Active is ready to hit the market on March 17, 2015. The test mules of the hatchback-derived crossover have been spotted testing around Hyundai's plant in Chennai for the past few months as the vehicle gets ready for its global debut.
The Hyundai i20 Active will wear a beefier design overall with a restyled front end featuring a new chin, grille and air-dams. Like the Etios Cross, Cross Polo and Avventura that it will contend with, the i20 Active too will wear extra cladding and skirts. The car will sit higher as well with an increased ground clearance and we expect Hyundai to throw in a set of larger wheels on the range-topping model. Adding to the rugged styling is a set of chunky roof rails.
The i20 Active will run the same 1.2-litre petrol and 1.4-litre diesel options as its hatchback sibling, albeit with slightly higher power and torque figures. Following the trend set by the hatchback derived crossovers, expect the i20 Active to be cost Rs 40,000 to 70,000 more than its equivalent trim in the Elite i20 range.
Starts Rs 6.7 Lakhs
- NewsFord Freestyle priced lower than the Figo hatch and the Aspire sedan, here's why
- NewsVolvo wants half its sales to come from electric vehicles by 2025
- NewsVW Motorsport India takes its Customer Sport programme to all three INRC categories
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3
- News2018 Honda Amaze: Everything you need to know
- NewsFord Freestyle launched in India at Rs 5.09 lakh
- NewsTVS Sport Silver Alloy edition launched in India at Rs 38,961
- NewsSpec comparison: Suzuki GSX-S750 vs Kawasaki Z900 vs Triumph Street Triple RS and S
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Ford Freestyle India launch
- NewsBMW iX3 concept all-electric crossover debuts at Auto China 2018