Hyundai India crosses the 80 lakh unit production milestone
Hyundai Motor India has announced that the company has crossed the 80 lakh unit production milestone in the country. The company achieved this milestone after production began of the facelifted 2018 Hyundai Creta. The company is the country's second-largest automaker and has been present in India since 1998.
The biggest update on the front fascia of the 2018 Hyundai Creta facelift is the wider hexagonal, chrome grille that reaches to the corners of the headlamps. Note the new fog lamps with LED surrounds
In this time, the company has produced 53 lakh units for the domestic market, while the 27 lakh units have been exported globally. After the Santro debuted in 1998, it took Hyundai seven years to get to the first 10 lakh cars, before taking a little more than 2.5 years to get to the 20 lakh mark. The company has since picked up the pace, churning out 10 lakh cars every two years.
Speaking on this development, Y.K Koo, MD and CEO, Hyundai Motor India said this was a momentous day in the history of Hyundai Motor India with the achievement of 80 lakh milestone. Hyundai is the only manufacturer to achieve this feat in the shortest span of time while strengthening its manufacturing excellence, customer experience, marketing innovation and CSR.
The rear of the car gets new taillamp detailing, a new dual-tone rear bumper with the aluminium finish inserts
He went on to say that in their evolving journey to becoming India's trusted brand, they have pushed the boundaries and taken on new challenges at every step. Their vision is to deliver on the promise of becoming the 'Lifetime Partners in Automobile and beyond'. He ended by saying that he was dedicating this achievement to their valuable customers and every member of the Hyundai family.
To celebrate 20 years of presence in India, Hyundai will be launching a series of activities and campaigns to commemorate this.
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
- FeaturesFrench connection: Citroen to enter India by 2021
- NewsINRC 2019: Younus Ilyas wins a closely fought Sprint de Bengaluru
- NewsRoyal Enfield Bullet Trials 350 and Bullet Trials 500 launched in India at Rs 1.62 lakh and Rs 2.07 lakh respectively
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 100 KS launched in India at Rs 40,500
- News2019 FIM Bajas World Cup: Raorane 27th, Pissay 29th at Baja do Pinhal
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip