Hyundai India to be the official partner of FIFA U17 World Cup Tournament
Hyundai India today made an official announcement of being the official transportation partner for the upcoming FIFA U17 World Cup Tournament. The company will be offering a fleet of 63 premium Hyundai cars. This includes the recently launched Verna, Tucson and the Elite i20. There will be additional coaches across 6 cities namely, Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Kochi, Goa and Guwahati for the movement of the players and the FIFA management during the sports event. The FIFA U17 World Cup Tournament starts from October 6, 2017.
Javier Ceppi, tournament director - local organising committee; Martin Nussbaumer, marketing operations group leader FIFA; YK Koo-MD & CEO, Hyundai Motor India Ltd; Rakesh Srivastava director, Sales and Marketing - HMIL, S J Ha, Director Sales & Marketing- HMIL at the official vehicle handover ceremony
In a ceremony at Jawahar Lal Nehru Stadium in New Delhi, Y.K. Koo, MD & CEO, HMIL handed over the cars to Martin Nussbaumer, marketing operations group leader, FIFA and Javier Ceppi, tournament director, local organising committee.
"Hyundai is proud to partner with The FIFA U17 World Cup being hosted for the first time in India. At Hyundai, we understand the passion of the Indian football fans and want to keep the excitement around Hyundai brand alive by engaging with our customers at every point. Football is a game of passion, a game of heart; For every fan, football drives them and as a dynamic automotive brand, HMIL has always been associated globally with diverse sport activities." commented, Y K Koo, managing director and CEO, Hyundai Motor India Ltd.
Hyundai has lined up exclusive engagement activities and merchandise distribution for its customers around FIFA U17 World Cup at its dealerships in the 6 host cities in India. The company will also be running different promotional programmes with the campaigns #FuelTheGame and #FootballerInYou, wherein participants can send their slogans as well as upload their own films showcasing their football skills.
Starts Rs 9.29 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids