Hyundai India to hike prices of all vehicles from August 16, 2016
Just three days ago, Maruti Suzuki had announced a price hike across its products in India. This time Hyundai India has made a similar announcement. The company has announced a price hike of Rs 3,000-20,000 depending on the model.
Unlike Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai has said that the price hike will come into effect from August 16, 2016. The company has citied the usual reasons like increasing input costs and the depreciation of rupee for the price hike. Just four months back, Hyundai had hiked prices of its models by around Rs 2,889-82,906.
Hyundai India has two new launches lined up for 2016. The first one to arrive on our shores will be the new-generation Elantra. The Hyundai Elantra is expected to be launched this month and will take on the Skoda Octavia and the Chevrolet Cruze. It is expected to be priced between Rs 15-20 lakh.
The company had unveiled the new Tucson at the 2016 Auto Expo. The third-generation SUV is expected to arrive in Hyundai showrooms by the end of this year. The 2016 Hyundai Tucson will be positioned between the fast-moving Creta and the Santa Fe.
Last month the company announced that it had increased production of the Creta to 13,000 units at its Sriperumbudur plant. That move reduced the waiting period for the Hyundai Creta to around a month. The Creta, Elite i20 and Grand i10 are the highest-selling models of Hyundai India.
Starts Rs 13.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 18 Lakhs
Starts Rs 16.03 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2019
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Honda Civic
- Review2019 Honda Civic first drive review
- News2019 Ford Aspire launched with CNG variant in India for Rs 6.27 lakh
- NewsDucati's DRE Off Road Days to happen this weekend
- NewsMG Motor India invests Rs 150 crore on new corporate office, brand store and flagship showroom
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani