Hyundai India to increase production of Creta to 10,000 plus units per month
Hyundai India has been manufacturing 5,000 to 6,000 Creta units per month in addition to the 2,500 units for the exports market. This was increased to 7,500 units to cope up with higher demands. Five months after the launch, Hyundai bagged over 90,000 bookings out of which 15,770 were for the export market and 75,000 were for the domestic.
Now seeing a further rise in demand and also to reduce the prolonged waiting period, Hyundai India will increase the Creta's production to 10,000 plus units per month from June 2016.
Launched at Rs 8.59 lakh (ex-Delhi), the Hyundai Creta presently has a waiting period of three months. The SUV mainly competes against the Renault Duster, Nissan Terrano, Maruti Suzuki S-Cross and Mahindra XUV500. Hyundai believes that with higher production numbers, the Creta will be more aggressive in facing its rivals.
The prices of Hyundai Creta's petrol variants range in between Rs 8.87 lakh and Rs 11.47 lakh while that of diesel variants lie between Rs 9.74 lakh and Rs 13.95 lakh (all prices ex-Delhi). The Creta is currently produced only in India and is being shipped to 77 countries. The SUV is exported to countries like Colombia, Costarica, Peru and Panama in Latin America as well as West Asian and African countries like Oman, UAE, Egypt, Morocco and Nigeria.
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.72 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.85 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.99 Lakhs
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- News2019 Honda CBR650R will be sold through Honda's 22 Wing World dealerships in India
- NewsHonda CBR650R bookings open in India, to be priced under Rs 8 lakh
- News2020 Range Rover Evoque spied in India
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: 2020 Ssangyong Korando SUV revealed
- NewsMG Motor to launch eZS electric SUV in India by end-2019
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani