Hyundai India to increase production of Creta to 10,000 plus units per month
Hyundai India has been manufacturing 5,000 to 6,000 Creta units per month in addition to the 2,500 units for the exports market. This was increased to 7,500 units to cope up with higher demands. Five months after the launch, Hyundai bagged over 90,000 bookings out of which 15,770 were for the export market and 75,000 were for the domestic.
Now seeing a further rise in demand and also to reduce the prolonged waiting period, Hyundai India will increase the Creta's production to 10,000 plus units per month from June 2016.
Launched at Rs 8.59 lakh (ex-Delhi), the Hyundai Creta presently has a waiting period of three months. The SUV mainly competes against the Renault Duster, Nissan Terrano, Maruti Suzuki S-Cross and Mahindra XUV500. Hyundai believes that with higher production numbers, the Creta will be more aggressive in facing its rivals.
The prices of Hyundai Creta's petrol variants range in between Rs 8.87 lakh and Rs 11.47 lakh while that of diesel variants lie between Rs 9.74 lakh and Rs 13.95 lakh (all prices ex-Delhi). The Creta is currently produced only in India and is being shipped to 77 countries. The SUV is exported to countries like Colombia, Costarica, Peru and Panama in Latin America as well as West Asian and African countries like Oman, UAE, Egypt, Morocco and Nigeria.
Starts Rs 9.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.62 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.29 Lakhs
- NewsF1: 2018 will be Fernando Alonso's last season in Formula 1
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: TVS Racing announces six-rider line-up
- News2018 Msports X30 Karting Championship: Shahan Ali Mohsin overcomes early upsets to win in Junior category
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?