Hyundai India to launch a new compact car in the second half of 2018
Hyundai India, at the launch of the 2017 Verna , has also announced its future plans for the Indian market. Besides plans to introduce a compact SUV, Hyundai India CEO, YK Koo has confirmed introduction of a new compact car in the second half of 2018.
The Santro was Hyundai's compact car that featured a tall-boy design and it was quite a popular for the space it offered
Codenamed 'AH', this car will feature crossover styling with compact-car underpinnings, a-la the Renault Kwid. The car is also expected to be equipped with a new AMT, which is being developed in-house by Hyundai. The car may be positioned in between the Eon and the Grand i10. However, it is also speculated that the AH may replace the Eon line-up entirely, retaining the Eon's engines. The Eon is currently available with a 814cc three-cylinder petrol with 56PS or a 1.0 litre three-cylinder petrol with 69PS.
The resultant car will rival the likes of the Renault Kwid and Datsun RediGo. Hyundai's current contender in this segment, the Eon, has not received any major upgrades since its launch back in 2011, save for the introduction of the new 1-litre motor.
Hyundai estimates potential sales figures to hover around 95,000-1,00,000 units per annum. Considering the popular tall-boy, crossover design theme that seems to be working in India and Hyundai's popularity in the budget segment, these figures do not seem to be that distant a reality.
Starts Rs 2.92 Lakhs
- ReviewComparison test: 2020 Honda City vs Hyundai Verna
- NewsBMW Motorrad begins testing 2020 G 310 GS and G 310 R BSVI in India
- NewsBGauss launches two new electric scooters A2 and B8, prices start from Rs 50,000
- NewsYamaha Tenere 700 Rally Edition is a retro tribute to the 80s Paris Dakar machine
- News2020 Honda WR-V facelift launched in India, prices start from Rs 8.50 lakh
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block