Hyundai India working on a sub-4 metre SUV
After launching the highly awaited Creta, Hyundai India has already begun working on a sub-four metre SUV, squarely aimed at the Ford EcoSport. It seems the Korean manufacturer is on an assault mode and wants to extend its presence in every segment possible.
The sub-4 metre SUV will be eligible for the excise duty benefits that should help Hyundai price it competitively. The underpinnings could be those of the Elite i20 and we expect the new sub compact SUV to come with a long list of features, a Hyundai trademark.
The engines would ideally be the same as the ones seen in the Elite i20/i20 Active, the 1.2-litre VTVT petrol and the 1.4-litre CRDi diesel unit. The diesel engine is refined and should be an ideal fit in the new SUV too.
We don't have any news on the launch dates and exact specifications but Hyundai surely knows how to keep the excitement going. Hyundai is also readying an MPV (codenamed IP) slotted for a 2016 launch and it's said to take on the likes of the Maruti-Suzuki Ertiga and Honda Mobilio.
Starts Rs 7.69 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
- NewsGaurav Gill nominated for 2019 Arjuna Award
- NewsCFMoto 250SR spotted once again - could be launched in India post its global debut
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ertiga 1.3-litre diesel engine discontinued in India
- NewsBenelli India inaugurates a new showroom in Mumbai
- NewsTata Tiago JTP hatchback and Tigor JTP compact sedan updated with features in India