Hyundai India working on a sub-4 metre SUV
After launching the highly awaited Creta, Hyundai India has already begun working on a sub-four metre SUV, squarely aimed at the Ford EcoSport. It seems the Korean manufacturer is on an assault mode and wants to extend its presence in every segment possible.
The sub-4 metre SUV will be eligible for the excise duty benefits that should help Hyundai price it competitively. The underpinnings could be those of the Elite i20 and we expect the new sub compact SUV to come with a long list of features, a Hyundai trademark.
The engines would ideally be the same as the ones seen in the Elite i20/i20 Active, the 1.2-litre VTVT petrol and the 1.4-litre CRDi diesel unit. The diesel engine is refined and should be an ideal fit in the new SUV too.
We don't have any news on the launch dates and exact specifications but Hyundai surely knows how to keep the excitement going. Hyundai is also readying an MPV (codenamed IP) slotted for a 2016 launch and it's said to take on the likes of the Maruti-Suzuki Ertiga and Honda Mobilio.
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.44 Lakhs
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers
- NewsHero MotoCorp re-enters used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure in India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to get more safety features
- NewsTata Nexon compact SUV crosses the 50,000 production mark
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina PF0 all-electric concept hypercar interior revealed