Hyundai India working on a sub-4 metre SUV
After launching the highly awaited Creta, Hyundai India has already begun working on a sub-four metre SUV, squarely aimed at the Ford EcoSport. It seems the Korean manufacturer is on an assault mode and wants to extend its presence in every segment possible.
The sub-4 metre SUV will be eligible for the excise duty benefits that should help Hyundai price it competitively. The underpinnings could be those of the Elite i20 and we expect the new sub compact SUV to come with a long list of features, a Hyundai trademark.
The engines would ideally be the same as the ones seen in the Elite i20/i20 Active, the 1.2-litre VTVT petrol and the 1.4-litre CRDi diesel unit. The diesel engine is refined and should be an ideal fit in the new SUV too.
We don't have any news on the launch dates and exact specifications but Hyundai surely knows how to keep the excitement going. Hyundai is also readying an MPV (codenamed IP) slotted for a 2016 launch and it's said to take on the likes of the Maruti-Suzuki Ertiga and Honda Mobilio.
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2019
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- NewsSpec Comparo: Benelli TRK 502X vs Kawasaki Versys X 300 vs SWM SuperDual T
- News2019 Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 ABS spied, priced Rs 1.26 lakh on-road Mumbai
- NewsConfirmed: Benelli to launch Leoncino 500, Imperiale 400 and 502C motorcycles in India this year
- NewsRenault Kwid EV production version spotted testing for the first time
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: Audi Q4 e-tron concept sketches unveiled
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani