Hyundai Ioniq is a stylish hybrid sedan slated for 2016
Hyundai is readying an all-new executive sedan christened the Ioniq, that aims at achieving a blend of alternative-fuel propulsion, a stylish design and class leading aerodynamics. Targeted at the likes of the Toyota Prius and the Chevrolet Volt, the Ioniq will have a footprint closer to the Elantra. But the big news is that it will offer three alternative-fuel powertrain options - full electric, plug-in electric / petrol motor hybrid, or electric / petrol engine hybrid. The wide choice of these low-emission powertrains is what will differentiate the Ionic from its rivals.
Furthermore, the Ioniq's exteriors blend Hyundai's stylish design cues with a highly aerodynamic body shell. The coupé-ish roofline adds a sporty appeal, while the lines and creases on the bodywork are carved to reduce wind resistance. The wheels too seem to be designed with a similar focus. The car will also feature the signature hexagonal grille to establish the familial connection.
The interiors have a sober design too and are an evolution of the current design theme implemented in Hyundai cabins. The hexagonal theme stays, but the fascia and its elements get rounded edges. The bezels impart blue accents and are complemented by a blue instrumentation and matching backlighting for the switchgear.
The Ioniq will be unveiled in Korea in January 2016 and will head further to the Geneva and New York motors shows.
Starts Rs 45.09 Lakhs
- NewsDiscounts of up to Rs 50,000 offered on BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS
- NewsIndian FTR 1200 launched in India at Rs 14.99 lakh, deliveries April 2019 onwards
- NewsLive updates: 2019 India-spec Nissan Kicks
- NewsImage gallery: India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV interior
- News2019 Honda CB1000R+, Gold Wing Tour DCT, CBR1000RR Fireblade and CBR1000RR Fireblade SP launched in India
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Racing M5Electro Formula E electric race car
- NewsMahindra Racing's M5Electro Formula E electric racecar debuts in India ahead of 2019 season opener
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices across range from January 1, 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki registers five lakh cumulative CNG vehicle sales in India
- NewsTeams from Varanasi, Delhi and Vellore win Shell Eco Marathon India