Hyundai Kona all-electric crossover gets listed on manufacturer's Indian website
Hyundai Kona, the all-electric crossover is all set to debut in the Indian market on July 9, 2019. Ahead of its official unveil, the Hyundai Kona has been listed on the manufacturer's Indian website.
Team OVERDRIVE recently drove the Hyundai Kona in Korea. The International version of the all-electric crossover gets a choice of two battery packs - 39.2kWh and a 64kWh. The smaller battery pack has a range of 300km and can be charged in six hours. Also, the power output is rated at 134PS and can make a 0-100kmph run in 9.3 seconds. The larger battery pack has a range of 450km and can be charged in nine hours. Though a fast charger could bring down the charge time to one hour for 80 per cent of charge. The larger pack has a power output of 203PS.
The styling of the Kona is expected to be the same as the international model. The crossover like body type and added plastic bits give the wheel arch a rugged look. The minor changes would include a little jacked-up suspension to offer more ground clearance considering our road conditions.
The Kona is expected to be brought to the country via CKD (completely knocked down route) and could be priced between Rs 25-30 lakh mark, ex-showroom. The Kona will be placed alongside Compact SUVs like the Honda CR-V, Jeep Compass and the Volkswagen Tiguan.
Also see: Hyundai Kona Electric First Drive Video
Starts Rs 23.72 Lakhs
Starts Rs 28.27 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 28.06 Lakhs
- News2019 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios hatchback launched in India at Rs 4.99 lakh
- NewsHero Optima and Hero Nyx electric scooters get a longer-range variant in India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki XL6 premium MPV spotted ahead of its India launch
- NewsLive updates: Hyundai Grand i10 Nios India launch, prices, details, variants, features, engines
- NewsIndian FTR 1200 S and 1200 S Race Replica launched - Priced Rs 15.99 lakh and 17.99 lakh respectively