Hyundai Kona all-electric crossover to be launched in India on July 9
Hyundai Kona all-electric crossover is slated to be launched in India on July 9. Team OVERDRIVE got a taste of the all-electric crossover last year and we believe, it is the same international spec Kona that will be offered to us. Not only the Kona will debut in our market, but will also be Hyundai's first step in India towards electrification.
The Kona is expected to be a CKD (completely knocked down) and could be assembled at the company's plant in Chennai. Taking the benefits of the CKD route, the Kona could be priced aggressively between Rs 25-30 lakh ex-showroom.
Internationally the Kona gets two battery options - 39.2kWh and a 64kWh battery pack. The smaller battery pack can be fully charged in six hours whereas the larger battery pack charged fully in nine hours. Though a fast charger could bring the charge time down to one hour for 80 per cent of charge.
The smaller battery pack provides a range of 300kms and puts out 134PS. With this power output, the Kona makes a 0-100 kmph dash in 9.3 seconds Whereas the larger battery pack has an output of 203PS and does a 0-100 run in 7.6 seconds.
Also see: Hyundai Kona Electric First Drive Video
Starts Rs 23.72 Lakhs
Starts Rs 28.27 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 28.07 Lakhs
- NewsToyota India hikes prices of all models, including Vellfire and Camry Hybrid
- News20,000th Bentley Bentayga rolled out from the Crewe production facility in UK
- NewsMaruti Suzuki has sold more than 1 lakh CNG vehicles in FY 2019-20
- NewsKawasaki USA issues a recall regarding ECU error
- NewsWhat Rolls-Royce owners use the exclusive Whispers app for during lockdown