Hyundai Kona caught without camouflage
Hyundai's upcoming crossover, the Kona has been in works for some time now. While test mules of the same have been caught doing rounds at different parts of the world, it was last month that Hyundai made an official announcement about the Kona. The company has already stated that the Kona will be unveiled in the next couple of months.
Seen here are the first images of the Hyundai Kona in a completely undisguised version. These images have been captured while the Hyundai Kona was undergoing a TV commercial shoot. From the pictures, it is evident that the model photographed is production-ready, and this is what the Hyundai Kona would look like when it hits the global showrooms by the end of this year.
The front profile of the Hyundai Kona is the busiest-looking section with the slim lights flowing in line with the bonnet lip flowing all the way to the front-wheel arches. It gets a large radiator grille with the fog lamps placed inside the grille. The LED projector headlight unit has been placed below the slim LED DRLs beside the radiator grille. The Hyundai Kona gets a completely different design as compared to what we have seen so far from the Korean automobile brand. As seen from the line-up, it is Kia that generally goes flamboyant in design. However, the Hyundai Kona does get interesting bits like flared wheel arches with matte cladding, black roof with rails and profile lines running along the length. The rear too carries a similar theme as seen on the front with sleek lights and a compact windshield.
Hyundai Kona rear
It is believed that the upcoming Hyundai Kona will share its underpinnings with the Hyundai i20 Active crossover. The powertrain options in the Hyundai Kona include the 1-litre, 1.4-litre turbo-petrol and 1.6-litre diesel engines. The same motors are used in the new Hyundai i30 sold in the European market.
Hyundai Kona teaser image released by the manufacturer
The Hyundai Kona, we believe, will sit below the Creta SUV in India. We aren't sure though if the Korean car manufacturer will bring the Kona to India as the company has been working on a compact SUV based on the Carlino concept. Bringing the Kona also might not be justified considering that the i20 Active already operates in that space.
Spied images source: autoweek.nl
Starts Rs 6.7 Lakhs
Team OD | 17 Nov 2018
- NewsYamaha collaborates with Hero Cycles and Mitsui & Co to develop e-cycles in India
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga India launch
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza production increased
- News2018 LA Auto Show: Mercedes-AMG GT R Pro to be unveiled on November 28
- Review2019 Mercedes-Benz GLE first drive review
- NewsProduction version of the Kia SP Concept spotted testing in new spy video
- NewsBajaj Pulsar Classic launched in India with two new colour options, priced at Rs 64,998
- News2019 TVS Apache RTR 180 launched in India at Rs 84,578
- NewsVolkswagen Group establishes a new management structure to implement India 2.0
- NewsLamborghini Urus to have its own SUV racing series!