Hyundai Kona Electric prices cut by Rs 1.59 lakh after GST reduction for EVs
The GST Committee has accepted the government's budget proposal of reducing GST for electric vehicles from 12 to 5 per cent. In light of this, electric vehicles have seen a price cut. A prominent result of this is the Rs 1.59 lakh drop in ex-showroom prices for the 2019 Hyundai Kona Electric crossover. Hyundai India launched the Kona Electric last month at Rs 25.3 lakh (ex-showroom), but that has now come down to Rs 23.71 lakh.
The Kona Electric has an ARAI certified range of 452km on a full charge. It comes with a level II type charger that allows for a 7.2kWh rate of charge. With this charger, the Kona will charge its battery in 6h 10m. The Kona is also DC-charger compatible. A CCS Type II (a standard of charging plugs for DC fast charging) charger can be used to charge 80 per cent of the Kona's battery in 57 minutes. Further, the Kona comes with four drive modes which can be used to prioritise between range and performance. The level-II charger will be provided to buyers with the car.
Internationally, the Kona comes with two battery options. One is a 64kWh battery pack which puts out 204PS and 395Nm. India gets the smaller 39.2kWh battery option. This is a lithium-ion polymer battery pack and powers a 136PS permanent magnet synchronous electric motor. This allows for a 0-100kmph time of 9.7s. The torque output is identical to the larger battery's 395Nm.
The Korean carmaker is also providing a strong warranty package with the Kona Electric. The car comes with a 3-year and unlimited kilometres warranty while the battery has an 8-year warranty, up to 1,60,000 kilometres.
Watch our video review of the Kona Electric below:
Starts Rs 23.72 Lakhs
- NewsBMW R 18 debuts with R 5 inspired styling and a big boxer-twin
- News2020 BMW R18 debuts with R5 inspired design and big boxer -twin engine
- News24 Hours of Le Mans 2020 scheduled for September 19
- NewsMaruti Suzuki all set to launch the 2020 S-cross next month
- NewsHow Sebastien Loeb is keeping busy during the time of social isolation
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055