Hyundai Kona Electric SUV teased before February 27 global reveal
Days after Hyundai India showcased the Hyundai Kona compact SUV at the recently concluded Auto Expo 2018, Hyundai has teased released a teaser of the Kona Electric SUV. The Hyundai Kona Electric SUV teaser image comes just weeks before its global reveal on February 27. The teaser image of the Hyundai Kona Electric features the outline of the upcoming Electric SUV drown in streaks of light. From what we can tell, the Hyundai Kona Electric SUV more or less resembles the standard Hyundai Kona, which is among the safest SUVs. This will be the first all-electric SUV from the Korean carmaker. The electric SUV will feature badging and some visual elements such as a different grille to distinguish itself from its standard version.
The Hyundai Kona Electric will be available with two powertrain options, for different outputs. Reports suggest the electric SUV will have a range of up to 500km on a single charge. It should be noted that Hyundai plans to launch its first electric car in India by 2019. With the current level of popularity that SUVs in the Indian market, the Kona Electric SUV could very well be the company's first electric vehicle here.
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in India at Rs 15.3 lakh
- NewsBMW Motorrad cuts motorcycle prices by 10 per cent in India
- Review2018 Ferrari Portofino first drive review
- News2018 Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X and Thunderbird 350X to be launched in India on February 28, 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far