Hyundai Kona all-electric crossover spotted in India ahead of its launch on July 9
Hyundai Kona all-electric crossover has been spotted in India ahead of its official launch that is scheduled for July 9, 2019. Team OVERDRIVE recently drove the all-electric Kona in Korea and you can read about the first drive experience on our website.
The Kona in the international market is available with a choice of two battery packs. 64kWh battery pack (larger pack) offers a 450km range. The battery pack can be fully charged in nine-hours and a fast charger can charge the battery up to 80 per cent in one hour. The power is rated at 203PS for the larger pack.
The smaller 39.2kWh battery pack offers a 300km range and can be charged in six hours. The power is rated at 134PS and the 0-100kmph dash can be done in 9.3 seconds.
The spied car carries similar styling to the international car with LED DRLs and plastic body cladding. The minor changes would include a little jacked-up suspension to offer more ground clearance considering our road conditions.
The Kona is expected to be brought to the country via CKD (completely knocked down route) and could be priced between Rs 25-30 lakh mark, ex-showroom. The Kona will be placed alongside Compact SUVs like the Honda CR-V, Jeep Compass and the Volkswagen Tiguan.
Image source - Rushlane
Also see: Hyundai Kona Electric First Drive Video
Starts Rs 23.72 Lakhs
Starts Rs 28.27 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 28.06 Lakhs
- News2020 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Turbo launched in India, prices start at Rs 7.68 lakh
- News2020 Honda Africa Twin to be launched on March 5 in India
- NewsBMW X5M and X6M performance SUVs to launch in India by September 2020
- ReviewBSVI KTM 390 Duke first ride review
- News2020 Toyota Vellfire MPV launched in India at Rs 79.5 lakh ex-showroom
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055