Hyundai Kona all-electric crossover spotted in India ahead of its launch on July 9
Hyundai Kona all-electric crossover has been spotted in India ahead of its official launch that is scheduled for July 9, 2019. Team OVERDRIVE recently drove the all-electric Kona in Korea and you can read about the first drive experience on our website.
The Kona in the international market is available with a choice of two battery packs. 64kWh battery pack (larger pack) offers a 450km range. The battery pack can be fully charged in nine-hours and a fast charger can charge the battery up to 80 per cent in one hour. The power is rated at 203PS for the larger pack.
The smaller 39.2kWh battery pack offers a 300km range and can be charged in six hours. The power is rated at 134PS and the 0-100kmph dash can be done in 9.3 seconds.
The spied car carries similar styling to the international car with LED DRLs and plastic body cladding. The minor changes would include a little jacked-up suspension to offer more ground clearance considering our road conditions.
The Kona is expected to be brought to the country via CKD (completely knocked down route) and could be priced between Rs 25-30 lakh mark, ex-showroom. The Kona will be placed alongside Compact SUVs like the Honda CR-V, Jeep Compass and the Volkswagen Tiguan.
Image source - Rushlane
Also see: Hyundai Kona Electric First Drive Video
Starts Rs 23.72 Lakhs
Starts Rs 28.27 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 28.07 Lakhs
- News2020 Honda CB 350 launch in India: Top five highlights
- News2020 Honda CB 350 rivals in India: Royal Enfield Classic 350, Benelli imperiale 400, Jawa Perak, Bajaj Dominar 400 and RE Meteor 350
- News2020 Honda CB 350 cruiser launched in India, rivals Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsLive updates: Honda CB 350 cruiser launch, to rival Royal Enfield
- NewsTVS owned Norton Motorcycles to offer repayment of deposits, but at a condition