Hyundai Kona to be Himachal CM's daily driver
The Hyundai Kona has been impressing the government of India lately. Only last week, the EV was in the news when Union Minister Prakash Javadekar arrived at Parliament in a Kona and said, "Government is gradually switching to electric cars as they are pollution-free. I appeal to people to contribute to fight pollution- start using public transport, electric vehicles etc".
His appeal seems to have reached Himachal rather soon, as the state's Chief Minister, Jai Ram Thakur, will now use a Hyundai Kona as a daily driver. Reports say that the car was procured by the Transport Department and was gifted to the Chief Minister's office.
IANS reports that the General Administration Department (GAD) said, "If the vehicle is a success in the hill topography, more electrical vehicles will be added in the fleet of ministers."
Starts Rs 23.72 Lakhs
- News2020 Mahindra Thar revealed in India: Everything you need to know
- NewsLive updates: 2020 Mahindra Thar India unveil, details, specifications, features, engines, launch date and expected price
- Review2020 Kia Carnival road test review
- FeaturesCounter to COVID-19: Club-on-wheels: the Party Bus
- NewsHyundai reveals the Elantra N Line with 204PS and even sharper looks