Hyundai launches 2015 Elantra starting at Rs 14.13 lakh ex-Delhi
Hyundai has launched a refreshed version of its feature packed range topping sedan, the Elantra. Changes include new projector headlamps with LED running lamps along with a new front bumper that houses new fog lamps. The window belt line gets a lick of chrome and there's also some chrome garnish on the exhaust tip. The tail lamp is a new LED affair and the 16-inch rims are new too.
The Elantra was a segment leader in terms of features and that hasn't changed. There's a raft of features including electronically heated, adjusting and folding mirrors, auto lamps, rear parking sensors and camera, push button start, a new generation 4.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system and cruise control. There's also a new Supervision instrument cluster and if it's anything like the one in the Santa Fe, then it's going to be very good. The 10 way power driver's seat, ventilated front seats and rear air con vents have been retained.
Safety is a strong point on the Elantra as well with six airbags, hill hold, ESP and disc brakes all around. Mechanically, the Elantra continues without any changes. Two engines are on offer, a 1.6-litre 128PS diesel and a 1.8-litre 149.5PS petrol. Both automatic and manual gearbox options are available for both engines. The petrol returns a claimed 16.3kmpl and Hyundai claims that the diesel's 22.7kmpl is a best in class figure.
The new Elantra will be available in six colours. The prices listed below are all ex-showroom Delhi.
2015 Hyundai Elantra Prices
Starts Rs 13.29 Lakhs
- NewsGeneral Elections 2019: Focus on road safety by the government in the previous term will continue, Sandhar Amkin
- NewsDiscounts on Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Tata Nexon and Ford EcoSport - Hyundai Venue effect?
- NewsJK Tyre National Karting Championship gets complete overhaul in 2019
- News2020 Mahindra Thar 4x4 spotted testing with hard top
- NewsDr. Dieter Zetsche steps down from his position at Daimler AG and Mercedes-Benz