Hyundai QXi compact SUV to be unveiled in India on April 17
Hyundai India will unveil its new compact SUV, codenamed the Hyundai QXi, in India on April 17. Prior to that, the company will officially announce the SUV's nameplate sometime next week. This Hyundai SUV will be positioned below the Creta and will rival the likes of Tata Nexon, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Ford EcoSport and also the recently launched Mahindra XUV300.
Hyundai recently teased the QXi from which we can garner some details of what the QXi might look like. the Hyundai Styx SUV gets its styling inspired from the upcoming Hyundai Kona and also the new-gen Tucson with its split light format. The side profile will be similar to that of the Hyundai Creta while the rear too will feature a modern design. Similarly, the cabin of the Hyundai QXi SUV will boast of class leading features and convenience options. A trait seen on all Hyundais. Even in terms of space, the Hyundai Styx SUV is expected to come with a generous layout, matching those of rivals like the XUV300 and Nexon. Features like a sunroof, climate control CarPlay and Android Auto too will be made a part of the equipment list. We believe safety features like dual front airbags, Isofix mounts and other bits will be offered as standard.
It is expected to be powered by a 1.0 litre T-GDi turbo-petrol producing 120PS and 117Nm, which will most likely be made by Hyundai India locally. Accompanying the turbo-petrol will be Hyundai's naturally-aspirated 1.2 litre Kappa petrol, that produces 84PS and 117Nm. Diesel variants will be powered by the 1.4 litre U2 CRDi motor that produces 90PS of power and 224Nm of torque. A six-speed manual and the five-speed AMT first seen on the Santro will most likely be available.
A lot of development for the QXi has been carried out in India, even though this is a global model, about 60 per cent of the compact SUV's R&D has been carried out here. What to expect from this new SUV? Find out here.
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.36 Lakhs
- News2019 Euro NASCAR: Advait Deodhar scores rookie podium despite difficult season-opener
- FeaturesIndian Election Campaign Vehicles (IECV)
- NewsHyundai Venue: How does it stack up against the competition?
- NewsLimited edition Aston Martin DBS 59 pays homage to the company's 1959 win at Le Mans
- NewsTata Altroz spotted on test in Mumbai - India launch soon
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip