Hyundai reveals 2021 Elantra and Elantra hybrid
The 2021 new-gen Hyundai Elantra and Elantra hybrid breaks cover globally. The seventh-generation Elantra gets coupe-like design, similar to the new Sonata, and a new electric powertrain is also on offer. The car looks nothing like before and it is now more tech-focused. The styling theme of the new Elantra comes from parametric dynamics, which shows off lines and creases all over the car which accents the sporty and sleek character of the car. The signature elements include the "H" shaped tail lamp design and the front face of the car with the headlamp infused with the grille. The car looks sharp and sexy in its new and updated avatar.
Apart from the visual elements, the car has grown overall in size. It is 50mm longer, 25mm wider and the wheelbase has increased by 25mm. The roofline of the car is also 25mm lower.
Inside the cabin are two 10.25-inch displays integrated together and it stretches from the instrument cluster to the passenger-side edge of the dashboard. It comes with Android Auto and Apple Carplay, and you can also use your phone to unlock and lock the car. For safety the 2021 Elantra comes with forward collision avoidance, lane keep assist, lane centering, automatic high beams, driver attention warning system and a rearview camera with dynamic guidelines. Accessories include smart cruise control, highway driving assistant (HDA) and blind-spot collision avoidance.
The new Elantra comes with a petrol engine and a hybrid engine. The petrol engine houses a 2-litre inline 4-cylinder engine which makes a power of 149PS and 178Nm of torque and it will be mated to a CVT gearbox. And the Hybrid engine is powered by a 1.6-litre ICE with a 1.32kwh battery pack and a 43PS electric motor. The combined output is 140PS of power and 264Nm of torque which is mated to a 6-speed DCT.
Starts Rs 17.6 Lakhs
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- NewsCEAT launches GoSafe S95 Face Masks, forays into personal protective equipment business
- News2020 Audi RS7 Sportback to be launched in India on July 16
- NewsHero MotoCorp gives 100 scooters to women police officers of Gorakhpur Police Department
- NewsRenault Kwid RXL 1.0L launched at Rs.4.16 lakh in India
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block