Hyundai Santro could be the new compact family car Hyundai India unveils in 2018
The Hyundai Santro which was in production in India for 16 years could make its return to the country as an all-new compact family car in 2018. This new Hyundai Santro, named Atos elsewhere, will fill the gap between the existing Hyundai Eon and Hyundai Grand i10 models in the company's India line-up. The Santro model was in production here from 1998 to 2014 before and may be one of the eight new car models that Hyundai India has promised to launch by 2020. These eight models include a hybrid car in 2019 and an electric vehicle in 2020. The Santro's replacement, the i10 was phased out by Hyundai some time ago. Reports suggesting the Hyundai Santro comeback are based on spy shots of a masked car with the signature tall-boy stance, large windows, and slightly bigger tyres than the Santro. The new Hyundai Santro may make its debut at the 2018 Auto Expo.
The 2018 Hyundai Santro seems to continue with the original's tallyboy design
While Hyundai Motors has been tight-lipped about it being the new Santro, its managing director had suggested that a new compact car featuring 'family design concept' will debut in 2018. The price positioning for this new Hyundai Santro will be just under the Rs 4 lakh mark. The Santro had been a popular car and spearheaded the Korean car maker's success in India, accounting for 60 per cent of its total India sales at its peak. It was a zippy car around town and if the new car carries the same character, it could be another hit for Hyundai India.
Starts Rs 3.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.59 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Oct 2018
- News2018 Hyundai Santro gets over 14,000 bookings in less than two weeks
- NewsFB Mondial HPS300 launched at Rs Rs 3.37 lakh in India, image gallery
- NewsMercedes-Benz GLC L SUV unveiled, will be sold only in the Chinese market
- NewsNew Tesla Model 3 mid-range variant launched at $45,000
- News2018 Hero Destini 125 scooter launched in India at Rs 54,650
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hero Destini 125 scooter launch
- News2020 Porsche Taycan EV to be priced between Panamera and Cayenne
- News2019 Honda CBR 150R details out, to rival the Yamaha R15 v3 in India?
- NewsMahindra Marazzo garners over 10,000 bookings since launch
- NewsTata Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP to launch in India on October 26