Hyundai Santro could be the new compact family car Hyundai India unveils in 2018
The Hyundai Santro which was in production in India for 16 years could make its return to the country as an all-new compact family car in 2018. This new Hyundai Santro, named Atos elsewhere, will fill the gap between the existing Hyundai Eon and Hyundai Grand i10 models in the company's India line-up. The Santro model was in production here from 1998 to 2014 before and may be one of the eight new car models that Hyundai India has promised to launch by 2020. These eight models include a hybrid car in 2019 and an electric vehicle in 2020. The Santro's replacement, the i10 was phased out by Hyundai some time ago. Reports suggesting the Hyundai Santro comeback are based on spy shots of a masked car with the signature tall-boy stance, large windows, and slightly bigger tyres than the Santro. The new Hyundai Santro may make its debut at the 2018 Auto Expo.
The 2018 Hyundai Santro seems to continue with the original's tallyboy design
While Hyundai Motors has been tight-lipped about it being the new Santro, its managing director had suggested that a new compact car featuring 'family design concept' will debut in 2018. The price positioning for this new Hyundai Santro will be just under the Rs 4 lakh mark. The Santro had been a popular car and spearheaded the Korean car maker's success in India, accounting for 60 per cent of its total India sales at its peak. It was a zippy car around town and if the new car carries the same character, it could be another hit for Hyundai India.
Starts Rs 3.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.98 Lakhs
- News2020 Honda Africa Twin to be launched on March 5 in India
- NewsBMW X5M and X6M performance SUVs to launch in India by September 2020
- ReviewBSVI KTM 390 Duke first ride review
- News2020 Toyota Vellfire MPV launched in India at Rs 79.5 lakh ex-showroom
- NewsNew Land Rover Defender 4x4 bookings begin in India ahead of August launch, priced from Rs 69.99 lakh
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055