Hyundai to launch eight new SUVs in the US by 2020
Hyundai America has stated that it will launch eight new SUVs in the US market by 2020. This announcement was made during a press conference at the Hyundai America Technical Centre. The eight new Hyundai SUVs including all-new models as well as re-engineered ones will be launched over the next two years. First up from this new line-up will be Hyundai Kona compact SUV unveiled earlier this year. The Hyundai Kona will go on sale in the US in March 2018. Hyundai America currently has more sedans and hatchbacks in its US line-up, which needs to change owing to the customers gravitating towards SUVs and pick-up trucks there. This new Hyundai Motor America line-up will also include fuel cell-powered as well as electric vehicle (EV) models.
Hyundai's new eight-model range will comprise an entry-level A-segment compact SUV, all the way up to a mid-sized eight-seater SUV. Apart from the Kona, Hyundai is likely to introduce the Santa Fe Sport to the market and a new-gen Santa Fe with three rows of seats and could possibly be renamed for the US.
In addition to the petrol and diesel variants, Hyundai will also offer a fuel cell version of the Tucson, as well as a Kona EV in 2018. Hyundai Motor America vice-president of product, corporate and digital planning, Mike O'Brien said that the Kona is only the beginning, and all the new launches will aim for the segment leaders upon launch.
- NewsImage gallery: Vazirani Automotive showcases Shul, India's first hypercar at the Goodwood Festival of Speed
- NewsVolvo XC40 gets 200 bookings in a fortnight, two new variants now also available
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS recalled in the US
- NewsJaguar F-Type now available with 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol, starting at Rs 90.93 lakh
- NewsIndian Automotive Artist Vidita Singh to exhibit her art work at Pebble Beach Concours
- NewsVolkswagen I.D R Pikes Peak wins hill climb shootout at 2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed
- NewsTVS Apache RR310 can now be had with an Akrapovic Racing Line exhaust system
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS to have a 2-3 month long waiting period in India
- NewsYamaha Cygnus Ray ZR Street Rally launched in India at Rs 57,898
- NewsMobile showroom from Audi to tour more than 30 cities in India