Hyundai to launch eight new SUVs in the US by 2020
Hyundai America has stated that it will launch eight new SUVs in the US market by 2020. This announcement was made during a press conference at the Hyundai America Technical Centre. The eight new Hyundai SUVs including all-new models as well as re-engineered ones will be launched over the next two years. First up from this new line-up will be Hyundai Kona compact SUV unveiled earlier this year. The Hyundai Kona will go on sale in the US in March 2018. Hyundai America currently has more sedans and hatchbacks in its US line-up, which needs to change owing to the customers gravitating towards SUVs and pick-up trucks there. This new Hyundai Motor America line-up will also include fuel cell-powered as well as electric vehicle (EV) models.
Hyundai's new eight-model range will comprise an entry-level A-segment compact SUV, all the way up to a mid-sized eight-seater SUV. Apart from the Kona, Hyundai is likely to introduce the Santa Fe Sport to the market and a new-gen Santa Fe with three rows of seats and could possibly be renamed for the US.
In addition to the petrol and diesel variants, Hyundai will also offer a fuel cell version of the Tucson, as well as a Kona EV in 2018. Hyundai Motor America vice-president of product, corporate and digital planning, Mike O'Brien said that the Kona is only the beginning, and all the new launches will aim for the segment leaders upon launch.
- NewsFCA launches Jeep Connect outlets in India.
- NewsNASCAR Whelen Euro Series 2018: Advait Deodhar wins the Elite Club championship
- NewsNew-gen Honda Amaze crosses 50,000 sales mark in five months in India
- NewsF1 2018: Kimi Raikkonen takes victory at US GP
- Review2018 SWM Superdual T road test review
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Five things to know before tomorrow's launch
- NewsTata Motors to organise nation-wide free service camp for its CV range in India
- News2018 Hyundai Santro gets over 14,000 bookings in less than two weeks
- NewsFB Mondial HPS300 launched at Rs Rs 3.37 lakh in India, image gallery
- NewsMercedes-Benz GLC L SUV unveiled, will be sold only in the Chinese market