Hyundai to unveil the Intrado concept at Geneva Auto Show 2014
Hyundai Motors will be unveiling its Intrado concept car which is codenamed HED-9, at the upcoming Geneva Motor Show. Intrado is named after the underside of an aircraft wing an area which creates lift. The exterior is also a progressive form of Hyundai's fluidic design language.
The exterior boasts a clean, aerodynamic design without any unnecessary detailing and has body panels made out of advanced super lightweight steel built around a central carbon frame. The car gets LEDs on the head and tail lights.
The exterior boasts a clean, aerodynamic design without any unnecessary detailing
Carbon fibre is also used liberally in the cabin. The seals of opening panels shut directly against the central carbon frame revealing the material whenever doors, hood or trunk are opened. The interior has been laid out in 'Beaufort Orange' which contrasts with the exposed carbon fibre.
The car, Hyundai says has a lightweight construction and a highly efficient power train. This concept's structure is made of a central carbon fibre frame that allows body panels to be made from any material without compromising on the safety aspect. This kind of structure allows designers to work with a varied range of materials giving them more flexibility in design. Use of light weight steel further enhances crash performance and repair times according to Hyundai.
The interior has been laid out in 'Beaufort Orange' which contrasts with the exposed carbon fibre
Intrado is powered by a hydrogen fuel cell that makes use of a Li-ion 36kWh battery, which can be refueled in minutes and has a claimed range of 600 kilometres. In addition to this the only emission it gives out is water making it an eco-friendly alternative. Hyundai says that the Intrado will be fun to drive and agile.
Intrado was styled and engineered at Hyundai's European R&D centre in Russelsheim, Germany. It is also the first Hyundai to be developed under the supervision of Peter Schreyer who became president and chief design officer of Hyundai Motor Group in January 2013. This is what he had to say about the Intrado, "Effortless and sensual, Intrado reflects the open-mindedness and constant renewal of the Hyundai brand. It also shows that Hyundai wants its customers to rediscover the joy and freedom that should be associated with personal mobility. That's why this car has such purity of purpose it's logical, lovable and liveable."
- NewsIndia-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks unveiled In Mumbai
- NewsMahindra and Ford to collaborate on shared powertrains, connected car tech
- NewsLive updates: Reveal of India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks
- Review2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro first ride review
- NewsConfirmed: KTM says 790 Duke launch in India not slated for November
- News2019 Hyundai Tucson facelift coming to India in May 2019
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open
- News2019 Porsche Cayenne launched in India at Rs 1.19 crore
- Review2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo first drive review
- NewsSkoda Vision X SUV to be shown in production guise in March 2019