Hyundai Venue sub-compact-SUV could have a long waiting list
Hyundai Venue has been launched in India and the prices begin at Rs 6.50 lakh ex-showroom Delhi. The Hyundai Venue undercuts the Tata Nexon which until recently was the most economical offering in the segment which is on sale for Rs 6.53 lakh (petrol base variant).
The Hyundai Venue drew 2000 booking on the first day of its unveiling which could translate into company facing production challenges let alone its export demands.
Also, the more economical Petrol automatic variant is priced Rs 9.35 lakh that sits below the Ecosport's petrol automatic variant. However, Tata Nexon still offers the AMT that undercuts the aforementioned compact SUVs.
Hyundai will offer the Venue with the choice of two petrol engines and one diesel engine. The petrol engines will be Hyundai's new Kappa T-GDI engine which is a three-cylinder, 1.0-litre turbocharged petrol motor and offers an impressive 120PS and 172Nm. Its outputs are in fact higher than the second petrol engine to be offered in the Venue, which is Hyundai's popular 1.2-litre, four-cylinder petrol engine which offers 83PS and 116Nm. This is the same motor that also performs duty in the Hyundai Grand i10 and Hyundai Elite i20 in India. Also, the Diesel motor on offer is a 1.4-litre unit that puts out 90PS and 220Nm, paired with a six-speed manual.
Starts Rs 6.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.98 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.36 Lakhs
- NewsNew Castrol POWER1 engine oil range launched in India, offers smoother performance and higher efficiency
- NewsRenault to end production of diesel cars by 2020 - to focus on locally manufacturing EVs by 2022
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Kia Seltos unveiled in India
- News2019 Kia Seltos SUV offers six airbags, bounty of safety features and a terrain management system!
- News2019 Kia Seltos SUV to offer 1.4 turbo BSVI petrol and three automatic transmission options!