Hyundai Venue SUV could get a sportier N Line variant internationally
An international news outlet has stated that Hyundai North America COO, Brian Smith, has said that a sportier variant of the recently unveiled Hyundai Venue compact SUV will be sold in North America and Australia at least.
This model will be called the Venue N Line and will come with a sportier styling package. This is unlike other N Line packages available globally on cars like the Elantra and Sonata, which get more powerful engines and a sportier suspension setup. A Venue equipped as such could make sense for India as a top-of-the-line model to go up against cars like the Ford Ecosport S.
The SUV will get two petrol and one diesel engine which will be mated to two manual and one dual-clutch automatic transmission in various permutations. One of the petrols, and of most interest to us, is the new Kappa T-GDI 1.0 litre turbo. This three-cylinder motor will make 120PS and 172 Nm. This will be paired with two gearboxes, a new seven-speed dual-clutch automatic and a six-speed manual. The other petrol motor, for lower-spec cars, will be the 1.2 litre petrol with 83PS and 116 Nm, as seen on various Hyundai cars in India. The single diesel option will be the 1.4 litre four cylinder turbo diesel motor which puts out 90PS and 220 Nm, paired with a six-speed manual.
Starts Rs 6.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.39 Lakhs
- Review2019 Hyundai Venue automatic first drive review
- NewsFormula E: Mahindra Racing driver Pascal Wehrlein scores lone point at Berlin ePrix
- ReviewExclusive comparison test: Range Rover Sport vs Volvo XC90
- NewsWhat to expect from the upcoming Kia SP2i compact SUV - Unveiling June 20
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza SUV gets a Sports Limited Edition package