Hyundai Verna beats Honda City, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz in September 2017 sales
The 2017 Hyundai Verna is off to a running start straight after its launch in August. The new Verna has beaten both its main competitors, the Honda City and Maruti Suzuki Ciaz in sales during the month of September, just before the beginning of the festive season. This may have something to do with its good introductory price of Rs 7.99 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) at the time of launch. The latest model launch in the C2 segment, the Hyundai Verna has registered a year-on-year (YOY) growth of an astounding 410.9 per cent. While the sales for September may show the initial excitement of the customers for the new Hyundai Verna, you can also see our detailed comparison of the Verna and the Honda City here. To check how the 2017 Verna stacks up against the Honda City and the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, click here.
Hyundai sold 6,054 units of its latest sedan, which was marginally higher than the Honda City, which registered sales of 6,010 units in September. Meanwhile, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz seems to have taken a hit with the new Verna's launch, as its YOY growth of -14.4 percent during the month, with sales at 5,603 units. These sales numbers may change as the festive season when vehicle sales peak in India, began in October. Stay tuned to find out if the Verna continues to lea the pack.
Starts Rs 8.77 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.19 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.8 Lakhs
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show