Hyundai Verna beats Honda City, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz in September 2017 sales
The 2017 Hyundai Verna is off to a running start straight after its launch in August. The new Verna has beaten both its main competitors, the Honda City and Maruti Suzuki Ciaz in sales during the month of September, just before the beginning of the festive season. This may have something to do with its good introductory price of Rs 7.99 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) at the time of launch. The latest model launch in the C2 segment, the Hyundai Verna has registered a year-on-year (YOY) growth of an astounding 410.9 per cent. While the sales for September may show the initial excitement of the customers for the new Hyundai Verna, you can also see our detailed comparison of the Verna and the Honda City here. To check how the 2017 Verna stacks up against the Honda City and the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, click here.
Hyundai sold 6,054 units of its latest sedan, which was marginally higher than the Honda City, which registered sales of 6,010 units in September. Meanwhile, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz seems to have taken a hit with the new Verna's launch, as its YOY growth of -14.4 percent during the month, with sales at 5,603 units. These sales numbers may change as the festive season when vehicle sales peak in India, began in October. Stay tuned to find out if the Verna continues to lea the pack.
Starts Rs 8.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 10.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.31 Lakhs
- NewsIndia-bound 2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class LWB facelift revealed
- FeaturesProduct review: BOSCH GDS 18V-EC 250 impact wrench
- NewsAuto China 2020: Honda SUV e:concept previews China-focused EV
- NewsHonda's Royal Enfield rival to be launched in India tomorrow, to rebel against Meteor 350?
- NewsWhat the revisions in the Central Motor Vehicle Rules mean for you