Hyundai Verna beats Honda City, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz in September 2017 sales
The 2017 Hyundai Verna is off to a running start straight after its launch in August. The new Verna has beaten both its main competitors, the Honda City and Maruti Suzuki Ciaz in sales during the month of September, just before the beginning of the festive season. This may have something to do with its good introductory price of Rs 7.99 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) at the time of launch. The latest model launch in the C2 segment, the Hyundai Verna has registered a year-on-year (YOY) growth of an astounding 410.9 per cent. While the sales for September may show the initial excitement of the customers for the new Hyundai Verna, you can also see our detailed comparison of the Verna and the Honda City here. To check how the 2017 Verna stacks up against the Honda City and the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, click here.
Hyundai sold 6,054 units of its latest sedan, which was marginally higher than the Honda City, which registered sales of 6,010 units in September. Meanwhile, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz seems to have taken a hit with the new Verna's launch, as its YOY growth of -14.4 percent during the month, with sales at 5,603 units. These sales numbers may change as the festive season when vehicle sales peak in India, began in October. Stay tuned to find out if the Verna continues to lea the pack.
Starts Rs 8.77 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.92 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.19 Lakhs
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Hero 450 RR Dakar spec rally motorcycle
- NewsDakar 2019: Hero MotoSports' CS Santosh, Joaquim Rodrigues and Oriol Mena gear up for 41st edition of the rally
- Review2019 Audi E-Tron first drive review
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Nissan Kicks India-spec
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 accessory list revealed with prices
- Review2019 BMW 3 Series first drive review
- Review2018 BMW G 310 R road test review
- Review2019 Nissan Kicks first drive review
- News2019 Land Rover Discovery Sport launched in India at Rs 44.68 lakh, more powerful diesel option added
- NewsImage gallery: Koeniggsegg Regera KNC