IAA 2019: Jaguar teases the next-gen all-electric XJ sedan
Jaguar Land Rover's biggest highlight at the 2019 Frankfurt Motor Show has been the new Defender. But Jaguar slipped in a surprise by giving out an early glimpse of what the next-generation all-electric Jaguar XJ sedan might look like.
The image shows that the XJ will get a full-width LED light strip at the back which is a further interpretation of the U-shaped elements derived from the F-Type. The bootlid itself is quite stubby and has an upswept edge to it, reminiscent of Jaguar's smaller XE and XF saloons. The roofline is quite reminiscent of the last car, and seems to have a more exaggerated coupe roofline.
The XJ will be developed by the same team of designers and engineers which made the I-Pace EV SUV. The firm also committed itself to manufacture these cars in the UK, at its existing facilities in Castle Bromwich, along with additional investments. This safeguards thousands of UK jobs. However, Speth said that it was looking for cross-industry co-operation to address the challenges of affordability and convenience.
Starts Rs 1.11 Crore
- Review2020 Tata Altroz diesel road test review
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Alto crosses 40 lakh sales milestone
- NewsYamaha India commences online booking and sales of its motorcycle range
- NewsHyundai Mobility Membership loyalty program launched with unconditional benefits for Hyundai owners
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's Gurugram plant will be shifted to larger facility in Haryana